Defensive Carry banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
First let me welcome a fellow Virginian to the forum.

Any of the Smith's revolvers are a good choice's, but I chose the .357. I can shoot both .38 and .357. This gives you a few more options.
Totally agree. Not much to be gained out of a +p .38 but a .357 up's the power factor, even in a snub. A heart will not know the difference between the 2 rounds. I personally carry a 2.5" S&W 19 with my trusty model 36 as a BUG. The 36 is always with me and is another revolver to consider.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I have a friend that has a Taurus model 83 in 38spl w/4" barrel that's been tossing around the idea of selling in order to get a 9mm. I shot it this past week with +P ammo strong hand only. Twas very nice indeed. It's been a while since I shot a revolver of any type, but if I had some 38spl ammo already in stock, I'd buy it from her. It would only be a range gun for me, and I've never actually just contemplated a range gun. All of mine get carried. Go for what you want and make the best of it!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Richmond area.

Generally speaking the problems with Taurus are not with their revolvers, but their semi auto's.

As to your idea of a car/carry gun. Since you do not have a conceal carry permit, forget about something to "stick in your pocket" (your words). Find yourself a good OWB holster and something like the Ruger SP-101 to Open Carry.

Remember this is your life your talking about. Spend the time and money to make sure your proficient with your weapon and read, then re-read the laws pertaining to carrying in Virginia.
That was exactly what I was thinking. I have never fired the LCR, but am pretty sure it would not be as fun to shoot as the SP100.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Right this second I'm panting for a GP100 3". There are zero of them online that I can find in stock anywhere either.

I'm going to Virginia Arms tomorrow and handle some hardware. :)

Sure do love those Ruger Single Action jobs too. You think a big bore Blackhawk or Vaquero would suffice for HD ?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts