Defensive Carry banner

Do you ALSO own an Assault Rifle for Home Defense?

• YES

Votes: 105 42.5%
  • NO

Votes: 65 26.3%
  • Yes, Shotgun or Some Other Form of Rifle

Votes: 77 31.2%
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to see how many own an Assault Rifle of some sort for home defense.

·
Premium Member
39,193 Posts
Just google the Universal Assault Weapons Registry, and it will tell you exactly who owns what, where they live, date of purchase, etc.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If the intruders were of the Black SUV type perhaps the AR would be my go to, but for your run of the mill scum I would go for the 870.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Think I'll Invoke the 5th

Reactions: Bad Bob and dV8r

·
Registered
1 Posts
car jackers

I would have to say that low jack is good to have on a vehicle. I mean why risk yourself like that unless you have to? I agree that if you are still in the vehicle and they try to enter your vehicle with you in it then by all means protect yourself. However if you lowjack which will track your car if it is stolen all you have to do is report it and the company tells the police the current location of your vehicle. If however on the other hand your life is in danger then yes I think you should.

Unrelated question: I have a question but am not sure where to click to post this question. Any help would be helpful... trying to ask a question about the glock 17... buying one soon and the price for a glock 17 gen 3 is 599 and to me that sounds steep even though it is brand new and considering there is a newer model which is the glock 17 gen 4 out?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would have to say that low jack is good to have on a vehicle. I mean why risk yourself like that unless you have to? I agree that if you are still in the vehicle and they try to enter your vehicle with you in it then by all means protect yourself. However if you lowjack which will track your car if it is stolen all you have to do is report it and the company tells the police the current location of your vehicle. If however on the other hand your life is in danger then yes I think you should.

Unrelated question: I have a question but am not sure where to click to post this question. Any help would be helpful... trying to ask a question about the glock 17... buying one soon and the price for a glock 17 gen 3 is 599 and to me that sounds steep even though it is brand new and considering there is a newer model which is the glock 17 gen 4 out?
Welcome! You can post your question either under this heading OR in the Defensive Carry Guns Section.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yep. Then again, all of my firearms are technically for home defense in some way. My handgun is my go to, light, easily readied, and faster to point. If I'm not being shot at, or needing to shoot, within a few moments then the game changes and I'll walk the fifteen feet to the AR.

Edit: I should say I own an AR, and other semi-auto rifles, not an assault rifle.

·
Registered
216 Posts
No assault weapons but I do own a couple of semi automatic rifles with detachable magazines.
They don't have any of those assault grips or assault stocks do they?

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
Nope, have no desire to pay for and go through the hoops to get a fed. stamp for a fully automatic assault rifle. Too expensive for me. Besides, I'm a bit old fashioned--my 1911 .45ACP is my EDC and first choice for home defense if I'm awake, as it is alway holstered at my side when I'm out of bed. At night, it is in the night stand beside the bed, and my 870 loaded with 00 buck is under the edge of the bed. My Colt M4 modern sporting rifle is locked in the safe, with some "friends".:yup:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Nope, I won't own a gun that misbehaves and assaults someone.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Like others have stated, no assault weapons here. My weapons were strictly for not assaulting anyone. They might assault a few cardboard cutout targets though. I also think I caught my 12 gauge trying to assault my 20 gauge and looking to make a 410 gauge... but I could be wrong. I was tired and the room was dark. I think I just also watched some long youtube video about over penetration of 12 gauge shotguns which might have led to my belief of what I was seeing there in the dark. Or it could have been that video all about the great value of decocking your guns or something like that.

I digress in overly flippant manner. What was this poll about again? Pancakes? I like blueberry.

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I STILL don't know exactly what an "assault rifle" is, I must be pretty stupid...

I do own one of those EVIL looking black rifles, though it has never done anything even remotely naughty... interesting...

1 - 20 of 107 Posts