Defensive Carry banner

Do you believe in man made climate change?

• I am liberal and believe in man made climate change.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I am liberal and do NOT believe in man made climate change.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I am conservative and believe in man made climate change.

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • I am conservative and do NOT believe in man made climate change.

Votes: 59 60.8%
  • I have no opinion on this topic.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 19.6%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Man made climate change is a manufactured line of BS. Just as Global cooling was when were were in school. Al Gore got filthy rich off it. Few if any in WI UW system were onboard. Thenj the leadership said sign on or lose grands and your job. With in 7 days 100% signed on.

·
Super Moderator
16,097 Posts
The climate has been fluctuating long before man existed and will continue to once man is gone, so-called climate change is just a money making scam. Oh and I don't believe in unicorns either.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
In my not so humble and absolutely not politically correct opinion Man's influence on the earth's climate is about equal to how much a gnat's fart influences the wind.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Sure i do! every time i adjust my thermostat. :image035:
I don’t think the OP was talking about “house-al” warming.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
794 Posts
The "climate change" movement (formerly known as "global warming" and the "imminent coming of the Second Ice Age" before morphing into its current iteration) is not science, or even remotely scientific. It is a cult with all the trappings of a religion including infallible priests and priestesses and unchallengeable scriptures. Anyone who doubts can easily be dismissed as ignorant, and anyone who challenges will be attacked as a heretic.

I sense that Gaia, the Earth Goddess, is not pleased by what I have written, and I expect the full brunt of societal denouncement against me at any moment.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a conservative. And I believe that some of what man does has effected change on this planet as well as the planet doing it own change due to its nature. The argument to me, which is unproven, is which is causing change and how much of it will not change if man changes his ways.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm sure there is a miniscule climate effect from mans activities, but natural events like volcano's, solar activity and extra-terrestrial objects/events have every bit as much and at times more impact than man could ever dream of. But note the climate is, has and continues to change it is so inter-connected that it balances or compensates for many factors. Further who is to play god and say one climate norm is better than the next? It may benefit/harm an individuals life depending on where you live, work or visit but one mans harm may well be anothers gold mine.
Now man has a HUGE impact on local environments and used to be the true fight of environmentalists. https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-symantec-ext_onb&hsimp=yhs-ext_onb&hspart=symantec&p=crying+indian+commercial#id=12&vid=e0a2fd26e78b345814701db168c4fa4c&action=view
But the new wave would make those of the earlier movement cry again.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Because AOC told us, everyone knows that cow farts are a significant threat to our climate, which is a direct result of meat is eaters and milk drinkers. So yes, we are causing the problem due to our hunger for bovine byproducts.

Seriously though...While I don’t think that an increase in the earths temperature is solely due to humans, and a hundred years of climate data is a drop in the bucket over the course of history, I don’t think that everything we do is good for the planet. And if we can do something to reverse things like coral bleaching (I’ve seen the same reefs several years apart and it’s shocking), whether or not we caused it, then we need to put resources toward fixing it.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
StripesDude, I've never seen any evidence that coral bleaching was caused by human activities. To believe that, you have to believe in man made global warming.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
StripesDude, I've never seen any evidence that coral bleaching was caused by human activities. To believe that, you have to believe in man made global warming.
Not saying it was. But I’ve seen it and if we can do something to reverse it, then we should (whether we caused it or not).

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Not saying it was. But I’ve seen it and if we can do something to reverse it, then we should (whether we caused it or not).
I think my marine biologist wife would tell you there is little that man can do to stop it. If you understand what causes it, i.e., warm ocean temperatures that cause the coral to expel the algae that live within them, and you understand how we are unable to change ocean temperatures, it's not something man can change.

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
I believe climate change is around 99% mother nature and 1% manmade.
My only disagreement is that you might have the manmade a little high.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I think my marine biologist wife would tell you there is little that man can do to stop it. If you understand what causes it, i.e., warm ocean temperatures that cause the coral to expel the algae that live within them, and you understand how we are unable to change ocean temperatures, it's not something man can change.
Yeah, I get it. I just subscribe to the notion that we, as the top of the food chain, need to be proactive in helping the earth when we can. Not just cutting out what we do that’s bad, but proactively helping to fix things.

Maybe giant ice cubes? Towing icebergs to tropical seas? :smile:

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
We’re doomed! The end is near! The sky is falling. Follow me for I have THE answer!
I don't want you to follow me, just send me a large percentage of your net worth! I'll use the money to fix everything...as soon as I finish paying for my new jet. :smile:

21 - 40 of 100 Posts