Defensive Carry banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I use multiple holsters and seldom use the same one twice. Why?

Because I have many holsters, and don't want any of them feeling neglected.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I don't normally keep holsters that I don't use. But I do have several guns that have a couple of holsters. The J frame that I EDC, I have a pocket holster and an OWB for the range. I keep a 1911 in my desk drawer, it has a belt slide holster and I keep it in an Uncle Mikes paddle holster. It may not be a great carry holster but it protects the gun while in the drawer, and if I needed it even if I were in PJ's or sweat pants the paddle will hold the gun. DR

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
The short answer, to your specific question is, NO, I don't buy multiple holsters for multiple carry scenarios. I buy multiple holsters for each firearm because I have heard the holster makers need my continuing support! :danceban: If you are not buying at least 5 holsters for each pistol, YOU are NOT doing your part! On another note, I can usually settle on the right holster, within a couple. I stick with that, as like the pistol, I've already decided it's purpose in my carry line up, & won't be trying to make it do something else. I guess, buying multiple holsters for a single pistol, is cheaper than buying multiple guns. But, when you start out with a stable, from decades of being in the game, I'm too far gone to change.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts