Defensive Carry banner

Do you buy over the Internet?

3K views 50 replies 40 participants last post by  JayHawker45 
#1 ·
#7 ·
I've bought and sold via gun broker. I've done limited purchasing and some selling via this forum too, all with no problems. But, like anything else, some prudent precautions must be taken.

#8 ·
Yes, but not yet from any of those mentioned....no problems.

#9 ·
Never had any problems with Gunsamerica......Can't speak for the other sites....

#13 ·
I've bought several online. Usually I will only buy new, but I have bought used when looking for a particular firearm.
So far I have only run into two problems...a hurricane slowed down shipping on a few parts for a shotgun, and a manufacturer's defect but Ruger is taking care of it.

#14 ·
I bought my P239 via another forum....sent to my FFL. Would use gunbroker in the future. No problems.

#15 ·
Bought one of my carry guns on Gun Broker. My M&P 340, in .38/.357. Bought it from an Army Capt. Great transaction, just gotta make sure what youare getting.

#16 ·
Purchased ammo online from various suppliers, with no problem.

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
Mathew Courtney

#19 ·
I've bought and sold on Gunbroker, about 30 transactions. Never a problem. Also bought one via internet from Buds. Also a great transaction.

I don't buy online unless I know exactly what I want. A lot of research prior to making an online purchase. Also, if I can buy locally for close to the same price, I will buy locally. My online purchases are because it's either not available locally or the online price is such a great price I'd be foolish not to go that route.

#22 · (Edited)
I've bought from Bud's and Gallery of Guns (Davidsons). All transactions were flawless and I'd recommend them without hesitation.

I'd use Gun Broker with some dealers who had good records. Some I'd pass on because of spotty responses.

I've bought ammo from several sources, mainly Sportsman's Guide and Ammoman, all with no problems. I've bought mags from CDNN and Cheaper than Dirt. No problems with any of them.

#23 ·
Thanks, Davidson's is one of my distributors. I have some overstock that I would like to clear. It seems GunsAmerica Classified is best for me. Gunbroker.com seems to be auction only.

I Have zero problem buying or selling over the Internet myself.

GundAndSupply.com Home

#25 ·
I Haven't bought from a site like Gunbroker because I don't think the prices are all that good (at least for what I look for).
+1 there!

I look on GB but in 99.9% of the cases I can buy what I'm looking for at a local shop cheaper. Even before the transfer fees and shipping. Example, S&W SW9VE in GB right now for
$300.00 + $22.00 shipping and a $15.00 - $25.00 transfer fee. So that adds up to be $342.00 approximately. (average at $20.00 xfer fee)

I can drive 35 miles and get one for $333.00 -$50.00 rebate for a total of $283. That leaves $59.00 for ammo, holster or just change..

I'm sure there are some nifty deals on there but never found any mega bargins for me...

Merry Christmas:santaclaus:

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.