Votes: 8 4.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you carry an autoloader, do you carry with a round chambered?

I don't want to turn this into an argument over which is better. I just want to see what the ratio is.

If you never carry an auto, please don't vote.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Well, I carry semiautomatic pistols. Does that count?
And always "one in the pipe.":image035:

Been talked about many times.
Search round chambered
And take a gander. Most folks will say chambered or it's just a paperweight.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Semi auto with one in the pipe. All chambers in the cylinder full with a revolver. I don't carry a speedloader. Maybe a speed strip sometimes. I don't always carry a spare magazine either.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I do but my father isn't comfortable in doing so. Taking apart my firearms to learn how the internal safeties work made me feel more comfortable in doing so.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
What if you carry most of the time without one in the tube and if you venture outside the house you have one in the tube?

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Which way is better? :scruntiny:

Do police carry empty chamber? Nope. (I sure as heck didn't when I was a cop over 20 years ago)
Going to have time / physical ability to rack slide when someone suddenly uses or threatens deadly force, I think not.
In 20+ years of concealed carry I have never carried with an empty chamber.
Full disclosure: wearing 1911 cocked & locked when I typed this.

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
Always one in the chamber.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts

I don't want to turn this into an argument over which is better. I just want to see what the ratio is.

Every day.

·
Banned
240 Posts
This topic was just beat to death in another thread.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
11,860 Posts
This topic was just beat to death in another thread.
We all enjoy beating our heads against the wall! Do it again, do it again, we like it, we like it!

·
Registered
1 Posts

When I was learning about what to carry and how to carry it the man teaching me made a good point. If you have a person with a knife charging you from twenty one feet you can barely get off the first shot before he hits you with his knife. If you need to chamber during that time then usually it will be too late. So since that lesson I too leave one chambered.

Hope that helped....

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mag fed semi, 9mm. And yes, always chambered unless it's being cleaned.

I don't mind the multiple topics, because this is a big transition for some people. Sometimes they need advice. Do most of us carry chambered? Yes. Do we understand why someone would consider NOT doing so? Maybe not wholly, because we carry ready to fire. I can see both sides because I carried for two weeks unchambered just to get used the feeling of a weapon on my side. Now, I completely advise loading it. Just observe proper safety, make it habit, avoid excessive handling of the weapon, and don't skimp on your gun belt or your holster.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yes, I carry chambered, but would never do so with a typical non-manual safety striker gun like Glock, Sig or M&P.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
a little search would have saved a lot of bandwidth, Look up the page at the Stickeys.... look down the page a few threads....same question....and now the Big Answer!!!! A pistol with an empty chamber is worthless no matter how many time this question is asked!

Reactions: OD*
1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.