Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we leave the house, most of us pack a Batman type utility belt worth of stuff. Gun, spare mag, flashlight, cell phone, lawyers business card, etc. Lots of us carry when we are at home. But do you also carry all the other accouterments? Especially your cell phone? If you had to make a quick escape to another room because of a home invasion, or heard a noise, you might not have a phone handy. If you always carried it, it would be accessible.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
No home phone so the cell is the "primary". So basically, Yes, it is with me or accessible all the time...

:)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I have my cell phone on until I go to bed, then we have the bedroom phone.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am on call so I have a phone with me all the time. Finally talked my wife into easing out of a landline. Got rid of my Cox phone and now have MajicJack

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Cells are our primary phones also...Always have it handy...

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
My cell phone is the only phone I have. I carry all the time.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
We have no 'land line'...only our two cell phones. My cell phone rests next to my Kimber, which is always within reach.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
We dont have a land line anymore, cell phones were cheaper for us. Our house is small so never very far from one of 3 cell phones.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
land line in every room but the bathrooms. We finally got cell phones 2 weeks ago and mine lives in my pants pocket during the day. (No idea where Mr. Bunny keeps his.) At night, mine's on the nightstand next to Ziggy. They keep each other warm and snuggly, awww :)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Part of getting dressed everyday is the equipment, firearm and cell phone are always on me when I'm dressed. Bedtime the cell phone is on the nightstand right next to the car keys, with the remote for the alarm, guns are in the open nightstand safe,4 on my side 4 on his, his and hers flashlights as well, and 130 pounds of fur covered bad attitude at the foot of the bed:smile:

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Carry cell phone at home? YES. My hardwired phone line is used only for my DSL connection.

All other phone calls are on the cell.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
No I take it off at home.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I have a cordless phone in each room of the house (except bathrooms). Plus my cell phone is on my belt as well.

·
Registered
349 Posts
NO land line here

Both (mine and work) cell phones are on me at all times. Wife also has hers on most the time.

·
Super Moderator
23,593 Posts
My "At Home" EDC list is the same as the "Leaving Home" EDC list for a couple of reasons. First, why would "Home" be any different? The same needs may arise. Second, I might have to bug out fast, and need to be ready to be away. Thus, I see no difference where we live, which is very rural and deep in the sticks (although not deep enough for my wife - she keeps lobbying for a more remote site, LOL).

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
No, I try not too.

IMO, we all need a disconnect. My phone gets shut off a lot of times when I'm home. And I refuse live my life in a constant state of paranoia or connection. Are we really all that important that people need to get a hold of us 24/7? I doubt it. If a threat meets me at home and I have time to call 911, I have time to get the phone off the charger. Ready to meet a likely threat yes, but not ready for an expedition at every waking hour.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts