1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
I carry mine in my wallet as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my wallet, in NC you've got to have it with your picture ID.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
So far most are with the wallet i see aany reason ... i should have posted i do becuse if i get stoped its pretty easy to present it to the officer with my Dl which by law here im required to.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I use a card holder for everything - never been a wallet guy.

The permit is the first thing that is visible when the holder is opened - so there's no question if I need to provide it quickly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Separate. My view is if I'm out and lose my wallet, I'm not suddenly a felon. You must have your permit on your person in Missouri.

I have a small bright orange plastic ID cover that I carry mine in(any large sums of cash also/hunting permits). It goes in my front pocket. I always place it beside my wallet and have never forgotten it.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I carry mine in my wallet right behind my drivers license so that if stopped by the PD for any reason when he asks for my drivers license I hand him both my license and my permit, it takes any surprise out of my having a firearm on me. When they see the permit it usually stops them from doing further inquiry into your records because they already know you are one of the good guys and that your background is clean, which mearly cuts down on the time you may be detained. (it's also gotten me out of a few speeding tickets).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I keep my Missouri License to Carry in a separate ID holder, along with my PA CCW license. I don't always need my wallet, so I generally just leave it in the car. I also keep the original Missouri Sheriff's "endorsement" in yet another ID holder in the glovebox - along with the original PA license. But the Missouri ID card with the CCW authorization stays where it belongs - in my pocket and ALWAYS with my sidearm.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I have an ID holder with two spots. One has my driver's license and the other my CHP. In VA you must have DL with permit. My ID holder fits into my wallet and that's where I carry it.

-Scott-

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
In my wallet out of sight. I used to carry it in a seperate wallet, but with the ruling of not needing to carry a green purchase permit , I did away with the second wallet. I do keep a copy of my CCw above the visor in my truck in case I need to show it without reaching near my waist.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts