Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you get home from work do take off your sidearm or do you wear it until you go to bed?

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
This all depends on what holster I'm wearing, and for how long. If I need a break, and plan on being home a while, my EDC may come out for some fresh air. But most of the time it's within reach even then.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Crime reports show that 100% of home invasions happen at home. I carry from the time I get dressed in the morning, until I undress and go to bed. Having my gun on my hip makes it accessible no matter where I am in the house.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
When I get home I change clothes and I change guns and holsters.
Ya gots to be fashonable.

Semper Fi

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Well, since getting a Ruger LCP, it's always in my pocket. At home or away.

As for my primary, usually Glock-23 or XD9sc, I tend to keep it on my person even around the house as my holsters are just so comfortable.

When I do take the primary off, it remains within arms reach in the room I'm occupying. Plus there's still the LCP in the pocket.

So bottom line... Always two guns immediately available, even at home.

Read the thread: Still think you live rural enough that it won't happen to you?

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
It sits next to me, wherever I am in the house. Arms reach.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Nope, don't disarm.

I usually put on my holster and gun when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I get ready for bed.

Tonight was different because I had to coach soccer practice. I disarmed before going to practice and have not put it back on tonight. Most soccer practice evenings I will put it back on when I get home.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Grady,
I belive you have holsters grafted to your skin. I never knew anyone that carried so many gun at one time.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
268 Posts
Crime reports show that 100% of home invasions happen at home.
Exactly! I might not always have it on my hip, but it's always within arms reach.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Grady,
I belive you have holsters grafted to your skin. I never knew anyone that carried so many gun at one time.
Semper Fi
It has become a way of life.

I believe in Murphy's Law: the one day I leave my guns at home, or locked up while I'm at home, will be the day I need them.

Actually, the incidence of crime toward random strangers has been increasing around here the last several years, so I know the odds of it happening to me are also increasing. Road rage seems to be on the increase. People are frustrated, moreso than before IMO. For some, it only takes an innocent act to set them off.

Plus, I am a loner. If anything happens, it will be me against them since no one else in my family carries. Best case, me against one. Worst case, me against several.

You always hear "dress for success", right? :smile:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Right. I always have one on and others close by.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well, since getting a Ruger LCP, it's always in my pocket. At home or away.

As for my primary, usually Glock-23 or XD9sc, I tend to keep it on my person even around the house as my holsters are just so comfortable.

When I do take the primary off, it remains within arms reach in the room I'm occupying. Plus there's still the LCP in the pocket.

So bottom line... Always two guns immediately available, even at home.

Read the thread: Still think you live rural enough that it won't happen to you?
Bark'n, this is so similar to my regular daily routine I'll just quote your's. Good job.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Grady,
Semper Fi
I think you are on to something there. More better, skin grafts to holster pistols. Wait til the plastic surgeons get a holt of this. We can get a holster augmentation every time we get a bigger gun.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I always have a gun in hands reach at home. Might not be my EDC but there's one available.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
There are times when I leave it on from being out and about. Usually though it's not on me all the time at home. I have 2 young girls so I can still keep it on top of the armoire and keep it away from them. My bedroom armoire is not far from anywhere in my house. Yeah it's kinda small. There's a G19 in a Serpa on my side of the armoire, a keltec P3at on my wife's side, and an 870 with #6 in the closet, cruiser ready.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Always on except in bed and the shower unless I change in to bed clothes early or am sick, then it's by my side... table/desk etc. :smile:

1 - 20 of 173 Posts