Defensive Carry banner

581 - 598 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have been carrying a pocket knife of one kind or another since I have been old enough to not cut myself. I've had a basic Buck 2 blade 'canoe' knife in my pocket for years. Most often used for cutting plastic ties off of paper boxes at work, opening envelopes or hacking through some of this crazy plastic packaging you run into these days. I picked up a Spyderco Tenacious lock blade a couple of years ago and find its size and weight to be perfect. I picked up a CRKT M21, Carson designed assisted opening folder not long ago. Probably the closest I come to a "tacti-cool" knife. Really a nice little knife that fits perfectly in the little front fob pocket (or whatever) of my jeans. I forget it is there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been carrying a Kershaw/Emerson from Massdrop with a tanto blade for the last couple months. It's a good knife and has a good grip, but it's heavy and kind of tacti-cool looking (a bad trait, IMO), and I can't switch around the pocket clip the way I want it. I scared a guy just flipping it open to open a box...I don't think he liked that the blade was black.

I have a Spyderco Tenacious incoming this week. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I carry a Kershaw leek. Its thin enough to wear in my suit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
^^ I have one too. A very slim and elegant blade.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I EDC a Milwaukee Fastback hawkbill. Tough, stays sharp, no rust after 3 years of carry (I work at a wastewater plant, humid/corrosive atmosphere). Also, it was $23. Easy enough to replace if needed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Did somebody say EDC?

Emerson CQC7-BW... LOVE this knife!

Reactions: kerberos

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Why yes, yes I do! Gosh, what an old thread. One of the several I carry is used mostly to cut up grapefruit. Never consider them for a weapon when I can just use a gun and not even get close if someone is dangerous.

Don’t know what kind, they are sharp and different colors. Got lots of them, not a knife snob don’t know what kind they are other than sharp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a few Benchmades, ZT’s, Kershaws, and a CKRT or two. Which one gets carried that day is usually mission or location specific. That said, it’s usually an auto. Those are the broke knives.

Serious blade carry is either a ZT 0100, or a Covington Bowie. Both are carried IWB.
r
I also have a Cold Steel Laredo Bowie. It’s a bit heavy, and is more of a chopper than the Covington, which is a faster, fighting Bowie. It came with a leather IWB sheath, made by Greg Covington.

The ZT and Cold Steel are both carried in Kydex IWB sheaths, custom made by Panther Concealment.

Panther also makes very good Kydex IWB and OWB holsters. I currently have nine of those.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a few Benchmades, ZT’s, Kershaws, and a CKRT or two.

Which one gets carried that day is usually mission or location specific. That said, it’s usually an auto.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Currently the the Cold Steel Immortal is on the EDC team.
4in blade, super sharp and very grippy.
The wave feature works very well (with practice).

Immortal.jpg

581 - 598 of 598 Posts