Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 598 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
yes I do...

same-one I've been carrying since I was a Cub Scout

and I use it everyday for something; even if it is too simply pick tarter from my teeth!

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Yessir since I was 9 yrs old. My do all knife is whatever I grab, usually a CRKT m16 folder, Benchmade griptillian or a kabar warthog thrown in my front pocket. For defensive purposes I have a 2nd griptillian, a camillus HEAT, A ka bar tactical folder, and for when dress allows or if I feel like it, a Ka Bar 7 1/2 inch utility combat beast. And for the zombie apocalypse, a gerber machete with saw back :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, I carry a knife on me everyday and it's a gerber. I would use it in a self defense situation if that is what I had but that isn't the main reason why I carry it. While working or going through normal life it is a good tool to have with me and use when needed. It's not a bad thing to be prepared.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I prefer to carry a defensive folder, and a beater. Currently carrying an Al Mar Payara for my defensive carry, and a Timberline Timberlite for my beater. Shopping for a SAK to take over utility use.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Cold Steel "Recon-1" and a Cold Steel "Tuff-Lite"

The Tuff-Lite and a fantastic utility knife... inexpensive, very light, razor sharp and a useful blade design.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I try to carry everyday but find myself without it some but trying to get better at this.

Kershaw Blur Black nice knife very tough and sharp but clip sets it too high up when carrying.

·
Administrator
143,359 Posts
My Leatherman CHARGE just arrived yesterday. Nice knife. As mentioned in another post it will not be my EDC knife but, it sure will be a great addition to the Bug Out Bag.
It's a very high quality piece of equipment and the main blade arrived razor sharp and the scissors actually WORK.
I was just playing around with it for a while and I'm decently impressed with it.

One thing that would make it better...........the Diamond Hone sharpener can (of course) be used to touch up the edge on another knife BUT, it cannot be used to touch up the edge on the Leatherman because it cannot be removed from the knife.
It would be great if they would work something out so that the hone was removable - then it could be used to touch up the edge on the Leatherman blade.

Just a thought that I had when I was messing around with it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I switched knives again :/

I went from a Kershaw to a benchmade (again)

So now I am carrying the Harley Davidson version of the Benchmade LFK (5.2 inch folding knife)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I just fixed my 'utility' role issue. Went looking for a SAK, came home with a Leatherman Juice S2. I love it, already. Perfect utility counterpart to my Al Mar Payara.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I forget if I posted here already or not. I carry an Emerson Mini CQC-15 every day.

81 - 100 of 598 Posts