Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When purchasing a new handgun, do you fill out and mail in the warranty card? Are you afraid the database of warranted owners might fall into the wrong hands, (ie - government) and be used to locate said owners if confiscation gets passed as in Canada?

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
I have filled out the cards and sent them in for the 2 new handguns I have bought (COLT XSE, and SA Mill-Spec), I'm not to worried about the "wrong" people finding this info, I see it as helpfull incase I need repairs.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have sent mine in for guns when new, and CT grips etc.

I am way less concerned about those appropos ''security'' than I am 4473's being snagged and kept by ''them''.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I figure that I own enough guns, am public about owning enough guns, am a state-certified instructor for kids, am on the board of directors at a range, and have access to the keys to a shop means they're not going to be asking nicely at my door if it comes to that.

Why bother to not take advantage of the warranty given that?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have NEVER mailed in a warrenty card - never will. I prefer to keep all the original paperwork with the original box in case the desire to sell/trade hits me. It galls me to have to fill out the yellow sheet , so I cannot justify providing anyone else with info that is NOTB.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Always mail them in. Gun companies are usually pretty good about taking care of problems, but any documentation you can give them is a bonus.
As a CHL holder, the government knows I have firearms, but in TX, private sales require no paperwork, so they are 'Below the Radar' and nobody knows I have them but me.

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Some companies (SIG for one) don't have cards any more. If something goes wrong, just call them.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I never fill them in. It is a marketing gimmick!

In spite of that, no company has ever denied me warranty coverage on a defective product.

·
Registered
275 Posts
HollowpointHank said:
When purchasing a new handgun, do you fill out and mail in the warranty card? Are you afraid the database of warranted owners might fall into the wrong hands, (ie - government) and be used to locate said owners if confiscation gets passed as in Canada?
Well the only people [government] who would come around and "confinscate" my weapon already know I have it! I'm not sure how it works elsewhere but in Michigan you need to register your handgun by physically taking it into the police station and they record everything - serial number, length make/model. I'm sure they would just use that list.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts