Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or do you consider it at all? Do you make it a point to thank them or ever talk to them about it?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I certainly make it a point to NOT use businesses that have \"anti-gun\" signs of ANY kind at their establishment. I have yet to see a business that has a \"pro-gun\" sign at their location, but if I see a business like that, I would love to thank the owner and go out of my way to give them my business.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Originally posted by Jaltered
I certainly make it a point to NOT use businesses that have \"anti-gun\" signs of ANY kind at their establishment. I have yet to see a business that has a \"pro-gun\" sign at their location, but if I see a business like that, I would love to thank the owner and go out of my way to give them my business.
That\'s about the way I feel about it. I would love to see a business owner that posted a pro CCW sign.

B

·
0 Posts
I consider it but not strictly. After all, most of them don\'t allow you to carry. I wish they would, I would swing all the purchase that I could tp that business. And yes, I would tell the business owner/manager.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I carry some of these cards with me, to leave with businesses that don\'t want me carrying in their establishment. The Texas State Rifle Association sells them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don\'t so much make a point of going into these places as I do not going into places that are posted. Now, if a buisiness put up a sign that says\"conceled carry welcome\" I would go out of my way to patronize them.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Where\'d you get those cards? I wouldn\'t mind having some of those printed up here in Arizona :kay:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Nope. No need. The stores that arent posted are nearby.

The stores that are normally dont get my business. The only exception I can think of right off is Arby\'s. I feel guilty about spending money at Arby\'s when they have the dreaded sign on thier doors, but its one of two fast-food places nearby and McDonald\'s gets old fast. I actually prefer Subway, but sometimes I\'m lazy and dont want to climb out of that comfy sport seat. Mainly because of the dis-comfort that follows...

·
Registered
35 Posts
If possible I avoid places with No CCW signs. I also pass out the cards like those above except made for Ohio. Many of the posted signs are coming down in Ohio thanks to all that protested them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No. I live in a rural part of MI and have not seen any stores posted.
MI CCW laws has some no carry “zones” which I try to avoid when carrying if possible.
:cool:

·
Registered
84 Posts
i don\'t go out of my way to go to pro-gun stores because i\'ve never seen such signs, on the flip side, i have started the habit of carrying my gun with me even in stores that prohibit such a thing. Its just not worth my life to respect other people\'s stupidity on common sense.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by Bumper
Where\'d you get those cards? I wouldn\'t mind having some of those printed up here in Arizona :kay:
The Texas State Rifle Association sells them on their web site. Unfortunately, as you can see, they are only for Texas. It wouldn’t be that hard to make some for other states. Maybe somebody on this board could come up with the art work for residents of other states to use to make their own, or could even produce them and sell them to board members.

·
Administrator
143,464 Posts
Hey........GREAT CARD!

I know some folks in Ohio that could stand to have some of those printed up.
Lucky for me I shop in Pittsburgh & North of Pittsburgh where they have none of those weird \"No Guns\" signs posted.
So...I shop and go basically anywhere/everywhere when I carry.
If any business did have a NO FIREARMS sign posted then I would never give them a dollar of my money.
In Fact...This summer I \"discovered\" that Kennywood Amusement Park was not only posted but they were \"wanding\" one year old infants & 83 year old ladies...so I\'ll never go visit there again. I went in this year because I had two \"Ride All Day Free\" passes but I did not spend even a dime on \"refreshments\" or junk food in that park.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I most certainly do. I moved my bank accounts from one back to the other in our small town. The one I went to said they never will post. I live in a gun friendly county but work in a liberal college town. I have to watch where I tread. But I really don\'t see that many posted, but I carry the cards shown above and will not hesitate to pull one if the situation arises.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Absolutely, furthermore, I have tried to have conversations with those owners who don\'t allow ccw and they typically don\'t seem terribly interested in keeping my business. They are not typically rude, but just refuse to understand how pointlesss those signs are.:( Oh well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by Rickstir
I most certainly do. I moved my bank accounts ...
I too changed from a bank that was posted to a more rights friendly one. I will not support any business that does not support the right of law-abiding citizens to legally carry.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Originally posted by Jaltered
Couldn\'t say it any better.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Heathen, how could I gain access to the Ohio cards you mentioned?:question:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts