Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I have noticed during my time working as a delivery driver is that it is relatively common for people to put a firearms related sticker (that free bumper sticker that comes with an NRA membership or a new gun) in the window next to their front door, usually next to the sticker for their home security service. While i get that seeing the sticker that says "This home is protected by Glock (or your favorite gun brand) may deter home invaders, I also worry that it may attract individuals who are attempting to steal firearms, which is why my home and vehicle remain devoid of any markings that may advertise the fact that I am armed. What are your thoughts? Is your home/vehicle safer with or without signage that indicates that you are armed?

·
Premium Member
36,695 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Do You Have a Gun Sticker on Your Car or Home?

No thank you.

As described above, this kind of "advertising" is a bad idea. I learned this in my CCW classes, however I knew this anyhoo.

Reactions: Darkstar888

·
Premium Member
36,695 Posts
What's the gray man stuff?

Reactions: graydude and Pijo73

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nope. No advertising, no warnings.

"Grey man" means "inconspicuous". Dress, act and behave in ways that don't draw attention to yourself.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown

·
Premium Member
36,695 Posts
Nope. No advertising, no warnings.

"Grey man" means "inconspicuous". Dress, act and behave in ways that don't draw attention to yourself.

Everyone you meet knows something you don't.
- H. Jackson Brown
I operate on the principle that if no one starts any, there won't be any.

Reactions: UrsusMedius

·
Registered
938 Posts
No gun related, no political signs or stickers.

Being a target for some random loon with a grudge who would vandalize your home or car is stupid and counter productive.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a sticker from our local range on my truck
CRIME CONTROL NOT GUN CONTROL

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
281 Posts
I personally don't see a need to display any interests/causes that I'm involved in to my immediate surroundings as I travel. No one really cares and I'm not looking for unwanted attention. As far as firearm related adverts I think your average Joe may see it as a deterrent but Joe thief see's it as an opportunity.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts