Defensive Carry banner

Do you keep all your spare magazines loaded?

• Yes, I keep all of them loaded regardless of need.

Votes: 53 35.6%
  • No, I only keep magazines of immediate need loaded.

Votes: 96 64.4%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many people out there keep all spare magazines of their various guns loaded with ammo even when stored. I'm not talking about your carry gun, or home defense guns which all of us do. I am talking about spares outside of what you actually need.

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
No, I don't. I keep ammo handy for my carry and HD weapons, and the rest of the ammo stays in its packaging in a cool, dry, secure location away from the rest of my firearms.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I voted.
No, I only keep magazines of immediate need loaded.
Two each for my carry pistols, the shotgun tube, and a couple of 20 rounders for the AR.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wow, I've got A LOT of mags for my guns. I don't think (at least I hope) that I'll need them all loaded at the same time. I do keep 2-3 loaded for some of my guns at any given time though.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
No, only four for each of my (2) EDC's...:icon_neutral:
Inside my safe I have various other firearms in a rack with 2 mags loaded for several of them.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Nope only my carry and SD guns,I'm not gonna unload magazines everytime i go to the gun range

·
Registered
941 Posts
All four mags for my M&P are loaded. I carry two and two stay at home, but it doesn't wear on them, so might as well keep em ready to rock if needed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Only the ones I need. That is
2 extra for my belt.
2 extra in shoulder rig so I dont have to put them in & take them out.

I could not afford the PD ammo to load all my extra mags.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
No, I only keep 2 or 3 extra mags for my carry guns loaded...

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
All together I have about 50 or so. Some are still in the unopened packages. I'm waiting for two to come in the mail this week.

I've never gotten over the Brady Bill

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I've gotten over the Brady bill, I'm just not quite prepared enough for the second version.:rolleyes: I have lots of magazines for my semi autos, and lots of Garand clips too. The majority aren't loaded but for the ARs, AK and Uzi I do keep a set of pouches or a bandolier of loaded mags to grab and go. Maybe 20 or 30 loaded mags and an ammo can full of clips. I don't think I will ever need them but if I had to grab and go evacuate for a hurricane or something I have them. The rest are stored waiting to be the kid's college fund or something.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
If I have enough ammo to fill all my mags, then I do.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I keep about twenty SKS stripper clips loaded, three AK mags loaded, and one or two pistol mags loaded for each pistol and two revolvers loaded.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nope, I only keep 3 full mags (1 in my weapon and 2 in an ammo pouch) ready to go for my duty weapon at all times. My other weapons and mags are empty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I keep my mags and clips loaded at all times in there locked boxes (Im to poor to buy a safe). I havent changed the ammo in my my .308 rifle clip in 5 years.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
I have a couple of magazines loaded, the rest are stored empty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
For my G23C I have 4 mags loaded with PD, 2 on each floor of the house and 1 in the gun with PD at all times. I have 6 mags loaded with FMJ for the range so all I have to do is grab my bag and go. So total I have 11 mags loaded with either PD or FMJ.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Glock 19....12 mags all loaded
Glock 20.....12 mags all loaded
Para P-14....20 mags all loaded
1911s.........50 mags, 10 loaded
AR-15s........>200 mags, ~30 loaded
AKs.............4 100 round drums loaded; 75 30 round mags 25 loaded
FN-FAL.........20 mags all loaded
M1-As..........100 mags, 50 loaded
Garand.........over 200 clips loaded