Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also Known As: ~ Would you buy a pistol with no front sight? :yup:

I wish that I would have...when I had the chance to buy one & maybe have kept it in "MINT" Condition.

This is a real nice tribute page to the original ASP handgun & Paris Theodore...featuring the GutterSnipe.

The photographs are Super Nice & it's an educational "read" for our younger handgunners.

CLICK HERE TO GO THERE & READ MORE.

"A man named Paris Theodore ran a highly respected custom gunleather business called Seventrees, Ltd. on West 39th St. in New York City. One day the U.S. government approached him to design and custom manufacture a pistol for use by covert operatives worldwide. He was given a set of criteria no one else had yet managed to meet; concealability, eight round capacity, function with all known brands and types of bullet in a given caliber, instant target acquisition, and although the gun had to fire a major caliber round, the design had to somehow reduce felt recoil to the equivalent of firing a tiny .22 caliber round. He took bold aggressive steps, many of which flew in the face or orthodoxy. Some of his ideas have become the new orthodoxy. Others have yet to find general acceptance. But they all came together in this one handgun; the ASP."

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i knew it was a Asp would be scared to see what they go for today if you could find one

Didn't Deval but the ASp name ? i know he made something close on the old smiths also

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Devil at least started different , with more conventional sights . Devils claim to fame iirc was a roller bearing installed in addition to or instead of a feed ramp . Both were built on the smith and wesson 39-2 tho

·
Administrator
143,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redneck Repairs

Good Keen Memory Redneck. :congrats:

That's right....a roller cylinder milled into the frame feedramp so that the cartridges would EXIT the magazine & ROLL up the feed ramp right into the barrel chamber. :yup:

You really brought back that ol' memory for me.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
A local pawn shop has a Devel S&W M39 conversion for sale, with 2 spare mags, holster & mag pouch. Looks to be near mint condition.

The asking price is commensurate with the condition.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I remember the ASP and Guttersnipe sight getting some "play" in at least one of John Gardner's James Bond books.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Always liked that sight set up, had a chance to play with an honset to goodness ASP only once,,and the owner watched me like a hawk.

I think that NAA was or is offering some thing along those lines for their 32naa and 380 pocket autos

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thanks for the history and article. Very interesting read...a unique piece that's for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts