Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, it's not my birthday. It's the day that Sigarms is suppose to have the X-5 226 Tactical "in house". That means, according to Sigarms, they'll be shipping them to dealers around Friday or Monday. That means I could have mine late next week or early the week after.

Boy, it's been a long wait.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I'd forgotten about that Ron - and long waits do not sit so well for us older guys, do they?!!

Hope you'll get good news quite soon all being well.

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P95Carry said:
I'd forgotten about that Ron - and long waits do not sit so well for us older guys, do they?!!

Hope you'll get good news quite soon all being well.
One day is much more significant than it used to be!

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Euclidean said:
Man, how long have you been waiting for that? I bet you're about to pop.
It has seemed like a long, long wait. Yep, I'm about to pop. I think I know how a kid must feel the week before Christmas.

BobMills said:
Sure would like to see and feeeeel one
Me too!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
With the safety and slide release FINALLY set up where they should be (safety furthest to the rear), that's actually a Sig I could use effectively. Hey, if all the Sigs had the decocker to the rear of the slide release I'd have bought two or three by now! (ducking from all those Sigophilites)
Jack

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maclean3 said:
With the safety and slide release FINALLY set up where they should be (safety furthest to the rear), that's actually a Sig I could use effectively. Hey, if all the Sigs had the decocker to the rear of the slide release I'd have bought two or three by now! (ducking from all those Sigophilites)
Jack
LOL! Sigs controls have been contraversial forever I guess. I've never really understood what the problem was. I can release the slide easily with my shooting hand thumb (I'm right handed) and decock the same way.

In fact, if I'm doing a speed reload (from slide lock - again contraversial I know, but that's another topic), as the fresh mag goes in, I'm extending the gun to the shooting position. As soon as the mag slams home, my thumb releases the slide with a two handed grip already established. It's just fast.

But yeah, I'm glad to see the safety on the frame . I'm anticipating this to be a 9mm "1911", SAO, cocked and locked, 5" bbl, and all.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
Intresting pistol. The grips look to be a bit molded for the hand, and I like the safety . Never saw a problem with the slide release location for RH shooters.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
My problem is I keep hitting the wrong control. Training issue to be sure but I'm not willing to risk the added confusion under stress.

My local gunshop has a GSR in the display case but I'm not sure if it was made before or after those reported "kinks" were ironed out. More than I can afford right now anyway. :(
Jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts