Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have never really wanted an AR. Mainly because the neutered versions here lead me to think there were better options.

That being said, as our right to keep and bear arms is constantly under attack do you plan on buying a gun merely because you might not be able to get it in the near future? If so what would you be considering?

*I know everyone is buying standard capacity mags as fast or faster than they can be made. I'm asking specifically about firearms.

·
Banned
455 Posts
If i didn't already have one,and i did want one,i would buy one.I'm not going to base my decision,on what may be banned.This day and time,there is no telling what politicians may try.The federal ban,back in 1994,only kept people from buying them,as you may be aware of.That's just me.One thing,i personally would do that, because my state hasn't tried to ban anything.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
Already have every thing my current budget can support, don't really care if they ban my stuff, won't change a thing on my end. Have a personal plan to find a way around any silly nonsense they come up with. The more unconstitutional the law becomes, the less likely I will regard it, but I think there will always be legal loopholes around an outright ban..

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
So I have never really wanted an AR. Mainly because the neutered versions here lead me to think there were better options.

That being said, as our right to keep and bear arms is constantly under attack do you plan on buying a gun merely because you might not be able to get it in the near future? If so what would you be considering?

*I know everyone is buying standard capacity mags as fast or faster than they can be made. I'm asking specifically about firearms.
I read you 5 by 5 BigJon. Chuckle-Guffaw-B52sLOUD-Rockin Out. I'll have to get back to you on this item. I'm thinking....Crew Served Weapon.

HUA
I'll have to get back to y'all on that.

PS I chose the AK47 initially cuz it's a 30cal. The AK is My AR.

Reactions: BigJon10125

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wouldn't worry about them coming for the guns you already own. The administration couldn't keep track of the guns they gave to the Mexican drug cartels. Plus I really don't think that they are that daring to come after your legally owned guns because that is a suicide mission. Not trying to instigate anything just putting my 2 cents in. If they thought at all they could they would have already done it. The culture here in the US is very different from any other country where they took guns away. I kept hearing people bringing up the Australia thing. There civilians owned 650,000 guns. Here in the US they are guessing somewhere around 300 million. A lot harder to round those up. Plus we have this crazy old paperwork called the Constitution that says we have the God given right to guns. Wierd Huh? Almost seems like our forefathers thought someone someday might come along and try to take them from us.

This country was founded by great men who believed in God and used those very heinous firearms to protect OUR country from people like that. I will be damned if I will let those great men down and those who have served this countries citizens and protected that "OLD PIECE OF PAPER" risking life and limb by sitting by and letting a few elitest disarm this countries citizens of the very thing that our military has used to protect us and keep us a free nation.

This country is still the greatest on earth but we can be better. Lets push back to expand our God given rights and show them exactly what is meant by
WE THE PEOPLE

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
All my firearms are single shot! I don't think they'll be banded!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I understand the sentiments, I am merely meaning guns you may not be able to legally purchse in the future and would thus buy them now to grandfather yourself in against any more "common sense gun control"

·
Super Moderator
18,247 Posts
When ever some liberal weenie political hack tells me that I can't have something because it's dangerous, offends someone, because no one needs one or any other crap that politicians learn when they go to rookie politician school, it makes me want one immediately.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I own more than few of the ones that will make a ban list someday there will be no grandfather clause when it comes..
The AR 15 is a fine firearm in it's many different configuration, it is also a very flexible weapon.
I will purchase a couple more just to upset Obama I would mail him a picture but now would not be a good time to mail anything to the white house.

·
Super Moderator
19,245 Posts
When ever some liberal weenie political hack tells me that I can't have something because it's dangerous, offends someone, because no one needs one or any other crap that politicians learn when they go to rookie politician school, it makes me want one immediately.
This is exactly what caused me to purchase an SKS in the mid-1990s. I used to curl my lip in contempt at the thought of an SKS. Clinton made some inane remark about how "patriotic citizens" shouldn't buy all the Chinese and Russian mil-surp with which the nation was awash at the time. The words stuck in my mind (and in my craw). Next time I made the Dallas Market Hall gun show I stumbled into a mountain of Russian SKS rifles across the end of one row with bulk ammo to go with them. The rifles were $84 and the ammo was dirt cheap as well so I gleefully hauled an SKS and 1000 rounds out of the show for well under two hundred bucks with a smirk on my face and a "that's-one-in-the-eye-for-Bill-Clinton" attitude.

Still don't do all that much with the SKS or the thousands of rounds laid in for it in subsequent months but it's been a uniquely gratifying rifle to own all these years since.

We began heading to Henderson, Tennessee regularly from Texas when both of our sons began college there a few years later. Going up I-30 toward Little Rock we would pass the brown "boyhood home of Bill Clinton" signs at Hope, Arkansas. These were well-holed back then and actually were replaced with fair frequency, the new signs becoming riddled in just months. I always wanted to hose down one of those signs with that SKS as we rolled past on the interstate but I restrained myself and didn't do it so don't try to pin any Forum-proscribed illegal activity on me.

About the time the second son was finished with college the first one moved to central Arkansas so we kept watching those brown signs which kept acquiring holes. It's funny how the holes tapered off after our latest president was elected. The most recent northbound and southbound signs have been there for ages without acquiring a single hole.

Anyone else here ever notice those signs and the holes they used to acquire?

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
I don't think you can ask this question until you mirandize everyone who answers...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I take it you load one round at a time.
No, I can only fire one round at a time with a pull of the trigger! That is a single shot!

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Still trying to buy a pressure cooker. Boy did I pick the wrong week to plan on picking up a pressure cooker and canning supplies.

Reactions: multistage
1 - 20 of 47 Posts