Defensive Carry banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I live in AZ and as far as I know, there's no prohibition against having a long gun in a vehicle, at least not yet. I spent a few years living near Nogales. Usually if I went off roading, I was probably going to be doing some shooting too, so I would have at least a couple of rifles.
These days, I don't travel too much, but given the current state of things, if I'm going long distance in state, I'm sure that I'll have something additional with me.

·
Registered
625 Posts
call it family tradition spanning decades.......shotgun behind the seat.

In my youth it was a single shot. Nowadays its a riot gun. I would like to try another AR7 but i have already been snake-bit three times.....maybe the 4th time will be a charm.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
call it family tradition spanning decades.......shotgun behind the seat.

In my youth it was a single shot. Nowadays its a riot gun. I would like to try another AR7 but i have already been snake-bit three times.....maybe the 4th time will be a charm.
I've had two AR7's. The first one was a trade in at a gun shop I where I worked weekends. I cost me a total of $10 and wasn't worth a plug Nickle! Couldn't get more than a couple shots without a miss feed.
I picked another one up late 80's in a trade. It was actually pretty good as long as you didn't feed it cheap range fodder.
It was flawless with CCI Stingers. Sadly, it didn't survive the house fire a few years ago. Something about plastic and heat. I had it broken down in the stock. After the fire it looked like the stock was shrink wrapped around the barrel and action.

Reactions: retired deputy

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Lets just say if I am officially stoped and asked "sir do you have any firearms in your vehicle?", its going to be a rather long conversation. Don't worry. I won't have to post it here... you'll maybe catch it on the news.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I do a lot of 4X4 off roading in the middle of "not where I want to die hungry, and too far to walk out" so there is usually one survival rifle in my rig. Usually it's a M6 Scout 22 Hornet on top and 410 on the bottom. But a few years ago I built a Hatfield 410 with a 10 inch 9mm rifled barrel insert in the wood stock. May add a simple 22 LR insert later.

It has been sitting in the rifle rack next to the M6 lately.

But I also carry a tree saw, fold out camp stove, emergency blankets, fishing poles, emergency shovels and tools to fix my truck with. Not to mention a 2 meter ham radio.

Both rifles have slings with ammo pouches built on, so they usually have around 30 rounds per caliber tied to them.

As far as 2 legged predators I am always armed on my person, but do carry extra magazines in the vehicle in a mag carrier sling that looks like a purse. Sling, flap and everything. I will avoid a protester rally if I can, but understand how things get out if hand over nothing. So I am prepared for the worst and enjoy the best.

Pamranoid? Not really.... But Prepared? You bet!
Been lost in the mountains when I was 18. Spent 10 days hiking my way back to civilization with nothing but a 22 rifle to feed me with. Long Story, but it taught me a good lesson. Never leave home unprepared for the worst that could happen. Or as reasonable so.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts