Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask because I do, and was seeking outside input. I keep my gun (M&P9, 4.25 in barrel) chambered at all times, except for when cleaning, obviously. I carry concealed with a N8 squared Pro, which isn't conducive to nightstand duty, so I have a simple Uncle Mike's sidekick that I transfer it to for evenings and nights. I really, really like the N8 holster for carry due to comfort and ease of use. I know it could be, to some, too much transference, but I see no issue as long as proper safety is observed. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
At home I carry in the same holster, unless I've switched to some sweats for lounging. Then the pistol is within arms reach on the couch or a table.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I leave mine in the same holster once at home when doing my honey-do stuff but when I'm inside eating or watching tv, I take it out of the holster and always keep it within arms reach. When it's time to hit the rack and tell Chesty, "Goodnight, wherever you are!" it's unholstered beside me on my nightstand.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
When I get home my EDC goes into a messenger bag I have mounted inside the closet.. my housegun is already in the top drawer of the nightstand laying on a folded towel ( no holster)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Sounds like you keep evolving as you go too. I keep improving a lot of the aspects about carrying my gun and a lot of the ways that I do things now that I carry. About the time that I think that I have everything figured out some little thing comes along that I figure can be improved on. The other day I started thinking about how to carry while riding the mower. I figured out that I can carry the holstered gun in an enclosed case to keep it clean. Now I get dust and grass on me when I mow but the gun stays clean.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My carry holster is my home holster too. The only time I change holsters is when the weather changes. Summer I carry IWB and Winter I carry OWB with a sweatshirt or coat as cover up.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Yes, I do. My EDC holster is an Alien Gear 3.0 Cloak Tuck. As long as I have on a belt, that's generally what I use. But when I change into sweats at night, I move my gun to a kydex double clip holster (G-Code HSP INCOG). It works fairly well on the waistband of my sweats, and makes a decent nightstand holster.

Edit: I should add that I always carry at home.

·
Registered
796 Posts
When I'm out, I use a hybrid IWB holster. At home I switch to a Remora. It fits perfectly between the back cushion and the arm rest of the couch.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I see no need to change holsters or anything else, just because I'm home. I have more than one gun available too.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
It depends on what mood the Mrs.'s is in......

I stay with the same, no change. Comfortable 24/7 with whatever the carry choice for that day. When bedding down my nightstand then holds it all. At age 12 in Overland park Kansas, two door down, a single mom came home early from work to find a person in her bedroom. He had found her nightstand gun and pistol whipped her to death with it. Her 14 yr old son came home later to to find her.

The next day police arrested the 18 yr old son of her next door neighbor for the crime. He was on drugs.She had watched him many times when he was younger.

I cant leave a gun laying around the house un-attended..............Lock em up I do.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Yes, I have a console velcro holster for in the car and an IWB outside of the car. The console holster never leaves the car. Takes 3 seconds to switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't carry at work, but my pistol is in my car. Got an AG IWB 3.0 which I wear soon as I get home. Swap to a Sticky for night time. It stays on the lower nightstand shelf.

I keep 16+1 in it.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Sometimes I want to lounge in belt less shorts. So I'll swap out to a G19 (Or G26) in my 3Speed Holster
Ruger in 3sPEED.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts