Defensive Carry banner

Do you use a tactical device on any of your handguns?

• Laser Grips or Similar

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Rail Mounted Laser Only

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Rail Mounted Light Only

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Rail Mounted Laser / Light Combination

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • None

Votes: 47 44.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use a tactical light, laser, combo laser & light on any of your guns? If yes, what brand, what type, and why did you pick it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
crimson trace on s&w 642,after all my research in my opinion they were the best,and i won't trust my life or my families lives on anything but the best.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I typically use an M3, its simple with the right light output. I dont need a stinkin laser.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Crimson Trace Laser Grips on my Kimber Ultra Carry 2 :gah:

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
I don't have light rails, just a handheld SureFire L4 Luma Max held separately...

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
EDC a handheld Surefire E1L. At night...om the night stand for HD it is a Surefire X200...on a Glock 23.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Rail Mounted Laser / Light Combination

I snap on my M-6 to my G19 before I got to bed and put it under my pillow. Light/laser enabled.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I have a surefire attached to my USP .40 for nightstand duty.
Surefire is one of the best and you need to see what your pointing at in the dark.

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I was issued an Insight M3 tactical light with the sheriff's dept. SRT team about 11 years ago. I use if off duty on my Glock 23 ever since it was issued.

It's mounted on my G-23 which is my bedroom gun at night and I often have it with me when I am ccw with the G-23.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For carry, nothing. For bedtime, I use a CZ P-01 with a springfield XML light.

Although I see a 1911 with crimson trace grips in the near future for carry and bedstand use.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For my two most commonly carried guns (Glock 19 & 23) I have CT laser grips. I also have them on my S&W 386PD, Kimber Pro CDP, and my Taurus Ultralite Ti .38 that is my wife's nightstand gun. My nightstand gun is a Glock 22 with an attached Glock weapon light. I also ordered a set of CT laser grips for the 22 this past Monday off of E-bay. They should be arriving Friday or Saturday.

My Glock 27 & 29 sport Lasermax internal Guide rod lasers. As I get older and my eyes can't change focus like the used to, I appreciate laser sights more and more!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I currently have CT laser grips on one weapon...a S&W Model 19 in .357 because it doesn't have night sights. A Glock 23 has night sights installed on it. The others guns have no night sights.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think laser's are great and all that and i'm sure i'll have one eventually. But a good handheld light is all i want. I still agree with the ol'thinking i don't want to be pointing my gun with a tactical light on it at a family member during the middle of the night bump search. Just my $.02

·
Super Moderator
13,064 Posts
I can't pick a category because several apply. Overnight, at home, I have either a rail light or a rail light combo on my nightstand gun.

However, if I carry my S&W Model 60, it has Crimson Trace grips on it so I would have a laser on it.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
No lights yet. Looking to get a light on my AR15 and pick up a railed pistol for a backup to the rifle.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Nope.

I prefer the versatility of a handheld tactical light.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts