Discussion Starter · #23 ·
rwojcik - welcome dude - and the O2 tank - love it! :biggrin:

I ain't quite that old yet! :smile:

·
Premium Member
7,400 Posts
Age?

hotntot said:
At 65 the best I can do with the stenosis in my back is a moderate walk.I'am not running from anyone.Will a jury take that into consideration?
I'm pretty sure (depending on the jurisdiction) that even if your attackers aren't armed, if you shot 'em cold and stiff your age and physical condition would be a major consideration for an acquittal. In fact, I'd BET that the majority of jurors would instantly think of their dad and say to themselves:

"Coulda been POP....alright, good goin'!"

·
Registered
726 Posts
I know that I'm physically a lot less capable now at 71 years young. I also know that I'm going to be more of a target to a BG as I continue to age. However, I think knowing all this makes me more aware. It's the main reason I got a CC permit. It's the reason I'm going to the range more now than I ever did before. I've taken a defensive shooting class so I'll be better prepared for a threat. So, I may be slower and in poorer physical condition, but I'm working to compensate in other ways. If I'm going to be a target, I want to be darn sure I can give some BG the surprise of his life.

·
Premium Member
7,400 Posts
Golden Years

older gunner said:
I know that I'm physically a lot less capable now at 71 years young. I also know that I'm going to be more of a target to a BG as I continue to age. However, I think knowing all this makes me more aware. It's the main reason I got a CC permit. It's the reason I'm going to the range more now than I ever did before. I've taken a defensive shooting class so I'll be better prepared for a threat. So, I may be slower and in poorer physical condition, but I'm working to compensate in other ways. If I'm going to be a target, I want to be darn sure I can give some BG the surprise of his life.
You know, the father of American Pistolcraft, Jeff Cooper is getting close to be 90 and still writes for various gun magazines (Cooper's Corner Guns & Ammo) as well as answering his mail, personally. I have several letters from him as part of a line of correspondence that I've kept. I can't help but think of the EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE packed into this aging shell.

Here's a guy who basically and single-handedly made the 1911 45 Gov't Model "King among equals" in the lexicon of the civilian shooter for the latter half of the 20th century. Military folks have always known of the 1911's attributes, but COL Cooper put it on the map for civilians. Here's a guy who still hunts the world's most dangerous game, Cape Buffalo, in the tight cover of Africa.

I think I'd rather talk to "Old Scratch" himself than have to risk life and limb (literally) by taking on this old guy!

I'm reminded of an old saying about "old folks:"

"Never tease an old dog, he might have one bite left!"

21 - 27 of 27 Posts