Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a gun my step father gave my mother and I was told it was a Baretta. When my mom passed I put it in a box and never bothered to look at it. Never fired it. (Unlike my step father's 33 S&W) I know it is a 25 cal (6.35 mm)
When I was cleaning my new M&P Shield (Instructions said to clean it before using) I decided to clean everything. No way to clean it other than swab the barrel as I see no way to break it down. What ever you hit better go down on the first magazine as it is a bear to change (only have one but tough to get in or out). Don't know what the AG stands for.

IMG_3799.jpg IMG_3800.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9,890 Posts

·
Registered
9,890 Posts

One of the many cheep pre 1968 import pocket guns

Not worth much but fun little guns

Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
Reactions: Sportymonk

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Those Galesi's were the typical "Saturday Night Special" made famous by the lyrics of Lynard Skynard.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Just last month a buddy of mine .. Brought his by work for me to identify... He swapped a older as new in box Oldtimer stockman knife for it and $25.00.. Came with box and a box of fmj ammo ..

·
Super Moderator
18,788 Posts
I was given a Galesi .25 by a friend once a few years back to see if I could get it to going again. I think it was a mid-1960s production. I couldn't do a thing with it and a bit of research seemed to indicate that they were a bit of a turkey. I was initially keen on the gun as it at least was all-steel in construction, but it proved to be a dud.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on the gun. Tried to clean it best I could but could not get the slide off. Took it to the range and first couple of shots fired ok but then it Failed to Eject. Waited and then pushed the live round down and the spent round ejected. Next shot ok but following shot failed to eject and was caught in the ejector. Removed magazine and made sure gun was safe and put it away. I may try to later get the slide off and clean it better. Not real concerned as it is old. It hasn't been fired in at least 40 - 45 years. (At least back to 1978 or earlier).

I would not depend on it unless it was the only weapon available. I.E. no 19 cent bic pen at hand as a sharp object to stab with.

Thanks for the video links.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts