Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would ask this on the forum since there are people here from all over the United States.
I was thinking about this last night.
There was a guy (many years ago) who could carry concealed about 25 or 30 full size and assorted firearms on his person & then walk around totally undetected. :eek: Some were even full size Colt Single Actions!
He was nicknamed "The Master Of Concealed Carry" or "The Father Of Concealment" ~ I sure don't remember.
My brain is shot more than my pistols.
I ACTUALLY SAW some old Black & White photos of this dude on one of the custom leather holster sites or "Wild West" sites - way back when I first got a computer.
I have not been able to locate those web photos of him since...or even "track down" where I saw them!
This guy was NEVER a big celebrity or anything BUT he "Made Some News" for himself locally.
I am best guessing that he lived in one of the Western States.
Anybody "Out There" know WHO I'm talking about???????????

·
Registered
484 Posts
Well, I did see an article in Guns and Ammo some years ago where Mister Bianchi himself concealed 29 different handguns on his person for a photo shoot. He said they quit because all that steel was getting heavy!
I have carried three at once, but that was one full size and two BUGs....

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
armoredman is right, it was John Bianchi. IIRC, this photo was on the cover of one of his holster catalogs in the 1970s.

I believe this photo also appears in his book, Blue Steel and Gunleather.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I remember that. I always wondered if they were as concealed in person as they were in the picture. I doubt it. Especially to a knowledgeable person.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Bianchi Pic

armoredman said:
Well, I did see an article in Guns and Ammo some years ago where Mister Bianchi himself concealed 29 different handguns on his person for a photo shoot. He said they quit because all that steel was getting heavy!
I have carried three at once, but that was one full size and two BUGs....
I remember that pic.

I have seen an interesting way to carry two BUGs I think it's called the New York Carry and was designed by a New York cop, It's a dual holster that fits in the small of the back and a pair of snub nosed .38s (grips opposed). OTOH, it might have been a Ted Blocker design. Anybody seen this or better yet used it?

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ExSoldier

ExSoldier762 said:
I remember that pic.

I have seen an interesting way to carry two BUGs I think it's called the New York Carry and was designed by a New York cop, It's a dual holster that fits in the small of the back and a pair of snub nosed .38s (grips opposed). OTOH, it might have been a Ted Blocker design. Anybody seen this or better yet used it?
That holster sounds NEAT as Hell! :biggrin:
I love unusual holsters! I would love to see one.

I guess it could have been John Bianchi...I think I would have remembered his name though because I knew about Bianchi Holsters back then.
But, Yes it could have been him if there were photos taken.
Thanks Folks.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
SOB Holsters?

SSKC said:
I'm not a big fan of SOB holsters, but if you took that design, spaced the pistols a little farther apart and put a small padded area between them to protect the spine, maybe it would work. Still be tough to safely draw from, IMHO.

SSKC
Yup, especially if you have the butts facing outward, you're almost guaranteed to wind up "sweeping" yourself with your own muzzle(s) and that could get problematical for your health.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
QkShooter,

Here are some Googled references to John Bianchi concealing ~25 guns on him.
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:584yt80-_wcJ:glocktalk.com/sitemap/topic/206272-1.html+holster+conceal+"john+bianchi"&hl=en&start=3&client=firefox-a [Note: This is a cached URL since the original on Glocktalk seems to have scrolled off into oblivion.]

Here's another reference to the allegedly same event:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_160_26/ai_92585756

Personally, I find that my 1911 on one side and dual mag holder on the other starts dragging my pants down after a while (and I'm 5'8", 185#) . . . I can't imagine carrying multiple guns without wearing suspenders (something I've always hated!). A Wilderness 5-stitch belt is on my short list and may help my situation.

HTH

·
Administrator
143,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Folks!

LenS ~ Great Thanks!

Also thanks for the photo of the Double SOB rig. I really enjoyed seeing that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts