Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a Century Arms HK-G3 clone. It functions OK but the fit and finish left a little something to be desired. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have one, got it just before Kalifornia declared it a deadly assault weapon. A little rough, but it shoots very well, is accurate, and have never had a jam. I just put an 8-24 ATN scope on it (2 pound scope with a 75mm bell). NOW it really looks mean!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
if i am not mistaken all the century guns are demilled CMTE rifles with new recievers which could explain some of it , also century is kinda known as the jennings of assault type rifles , some work , some dont , so if it functions well your ahead of the game if not get it refinished when ya send it to the smith to fix LOL the CMTE is a nice action tho real robust and reasonably accurate

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
If what you have is a CETME (that's what I have), you will find some help here-
http://www.cetmerifles.com/forum/index.php

A friend and I bought the last pair a company had. Neither will run through ten rounds without jamming. From what I have read, Century imports various parts, makes the ones needed to make it US legal, and throws parts together. If you got one that functions well, you came out ahead.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have an L1A1 from CAI (as we are discussing them as suppliers) - and it was NOT the best when I got it. Could hardly complain actually because it was a raffle prize :wink:

Anyways - did some work on it - in particular smoothing and re-profiling the feed chamfers - and now it runs pretty well - tho I prefer my genuine FAL if truth be known and that is on an Imbel - way superior.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
yea chris i agree mine is a stg58 on a gear logo , its sweet , but i need to get new furniture , just lazy so far lol

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I had a L1A1 from CAI. It functioned fine, but the trigger was crappy (almost as bad as an SKS) and it kicked like a mule no matter what the gas setting! My M1 Garand is a pussy cat in comparison.

It also had the thumbhole stock (which wasn't too bad) and appeared to be painted black (which was a bad job that peeled and wore quickly). I sold it after a few months.

CAI's stuff does seem to be a bit of a crap shoot.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Redneck Repairs said:
copper send your bud to http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php?s= they are a helpfull bunch and have a hk or hk clone section , many there home roll rifles from the demil kits and know thier stuff
Thanks. We'll both have to go there. I mis-typed the original. We both bought one of them and they both have feeding problems. Mine ended up a little worse than his. Mags don't seem to matter, we've swapped out the 6 we have between us and they all work the same, crummy.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
well copper thoes ol boys will get ya lined out , i gotz faith inn em lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After doing a little research...It appears to be a CETME with G3 receiver for effect. At least it shoots ok. I'll probably keep it as a sport utility rifle and beat it up in the woods some.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Even factory Hks aren't exactly amazing fit and finish guns - they weren't built to be pretty.

I love my Vector V51 SBR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts