Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to carry a G26 appendix carry. However, I would like the cant on it to be slightly to the rear instead of forward for comfort and draw ergonomics.

Does anyone make one?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Andrews leather iwb is adjustable for cant. Most of the appendix carry holsters are either set up with verticle cant or probable can be ordered with rear ward cant.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Most holsters like crossbreed have the holes setup to move the belt clips to adjust the cant of the holster and I believe you can cant the holster to the rear

·
Registered
40,353 Posts
Pro Carry HD or LT at The Holster Store. They offer fwd, zero and rear cant on them. The HD lets the gun ride higher, the LT lower. I have the LT, carry at 4:00 and it fits fine. I "should" have got the fwd cant, but that was my mistake.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Pure Kustom's Black Ops or Black Ops Pro.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Comp Tacs C-Tac can be canted to the rear.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Fist has a model that you can set the cant anywhere you want it. It's what my wife uses.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
I can make a Minimal Clip/Snap or Quick Clip/Snap any cant you want. No extra time or money. Check out my site. :bier:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I actually use a forward cant on my personal holster for appendix carry. It conceals SOOOO much easier. The draw is still natural, though you wouldn't think it would be. Vertical or rearward puts the butt of the gun out too far for some people.

Nate

·
Registered
39 Posts
i use a tucker silent thunder iwb that can be adjusted (colt compact). i also have a c rusty sherrick crossdraw/appendix owb on order (for same weapon), that i will use in appropriate situations. the owb is not adjustable-but i am not concerned.:wave:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Threat Solutions makes an excellent kydex reverse cant holster (I own an Interchangeable here Welcome to TSC Interchangeable Holsters Page ; it's rock solid). This holster is specifically designed for reverse cant, and works very well (and would be even better if I didn't have so much of...ahh...my wife's good cooking hanging out with my stomach :D).

Tucker Gunleather makes a few holsters suitable for appendix carry and cant adjustment, and is a great guy to boot (I own several Tucker holsters and their quality is unmatched).

The Malabar Front has an interesting holster that seems suitable too, but I have no experience with this holster or them as a company. Welcome to TSC Interchangeable Holsters Page

I'm sure there's a few more out there, but specifically designed reverse cant/appendix is surprisingly sparse in selection; I've got half a mind to make one myself-we'll see.

C-

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
For appendix carry, I would think that one would want no cant at all (neither forward of back).OMO

·
Registered
82 Posts
In appendix carry, I find a rearward cant more concealable and comfortable than straight vertical as there's less depth possible with the cant until it starts...interfering uncomfortably. For me a vertical cant also means in all likelihood I won't be able to bend down to sit comfortably, if at all.

A slight rearward cant also makes the butt of the firearm at a more comfortable and natural grabbing angle IMO, making a slightly faster draw (arguable certainly, but it being more natural isn't IMO as the butt is more "level" to the top of one's pants than in the straight vertical, specific holster and depth depending of course.)

But like all holsters, this is certrainly a YMMV thing, and admittedly I might feel less preference either way too if I was one of those real skinny folks too.

C-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts