Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...a compact single stack 9mm Luger exposed hammer DA/SA semi auto with decocker that weighs 20 oz or less with empty mag?

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
The CZ 2075 is the closest I can think of, but it fails your weight requirement by 2 ounces.

Edit: Oops, and it's a double stack mag.

Reactions: Rainsong

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
Closest I can think of is a Sig P232, but it's a 9mm Kurz (.380), and no longer in production.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you placing a few to many limits on what you want . Closest I can think of would be a S&W CS9 no mag would hit your 20oz . Use a good iwb holster and carrying a 26oz handguns is easy or expend you choices .
Bersa 380CC or combat too but 9mm if extremely limited

S&W CS9 - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/638104833
You're probably right. But that's what it would take to get me to consider pocket carrying an auto instead of one of my 15 oz. J-frames.

·
Registered
10,327 Posts
I think you placing a few to many limits on what you want . Closest I can think of would be a S&W CS9 no mag would hit your 20oz . Use a good iwb holster and carrying a 26oz handguns is easy or expend you choices .
Bersa 380CC or combat too but 9mm if extremely limited

S&W CS9 - http://www.gunbroker.com/item/638104833
Good call, I think that's likely as close as one can get, at 24 oz. Single-stack DA/SA designs mostly predate polymer frames, and all-metal autos probably don't get below that weight. Heck, even many polymer single stack 9mm's (like the Shield) exceed 20 oz.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
You're probably right. But that's what it would take to get me to consider pocket carrying an auto instead of one of my 15 oz. J-frames.
If your J-Frame is .357 capable (and you can shoot the thing more than once without needing an ice pack), just stick with it. If you're going to go limited capacity, you might as well go with the highest caliber you can handle.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
It was once made. S&W 3913 "Lady Smith". But, like my airline luggage, just a tad (4 oz.) overweight for your criteria. :yup:

Reactions: Libertywheel

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If your J-Frame is .357 capable (and you can shoot the thing more than once without needing an ice pack), just stick with it. If you're going to go limited capacity, you might as well go with the highest caliber you can handle.
None of mine are .357 capable. They're all .38 spl and all but one can handle +P ammo.

How about the Ruger LCR in 9mm?
Was looking to gain a bit of capacity. If I'm going with 5 shots, I'd rather just stick with my J-frames.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
dan Why pocket carry . I have pocket carried as a builder , having tool pouch's around my waste made iwb not very practical but as soon as work was over I could tuck in a shirt with a cw9 then a tp40 kahr in the right very adjustable holster at 2:00 with a rear cant . Today Vedder has that covered with ether a all kydex or hybrid .

Any how back before polymer I had a snubby for pocket duty and for a while a colt officers model then a starfire M40 for IWB .. Once I figured polymer was reliable I bought kahrs as the trigger pull was more like a well tuned revolver and I carried kahrs for 12 years till hand surgery issues stopped me from comfortably shooting a skinny DA pistol . CM9/pm9 with a pinky extension can be very controllable with federal 124standard pressure HST ammo and would be the best pocket option in 9mm but a in 380 a tcp Taurus , or ct380 kahr or ruger lcp or some other version will do nicely .

Check out Mouse Guns charts for comparisons

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The snag is the DA/SA requirement. You can get stiker fired, DAO, or SAO guns that meet your criteria.

The easiest transition from a revolver might be a DAO SIG P290RS. With a mag extension, you can carry 8 rounds of 9mm, and from what I've read it weighs 20.5 oz unloaded. They are also $430 at Buds Guns, which is cheap enough that I now want one!

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I spent a lot of time searching for the same thing, but came up empty. I knew for sure I didn't want a true DAO gun, and most of the poly guns just plain hurt to shoot very much. I compromised and got the Sig P938. Weighs in at 16oz, has an excellent safety and heavier than usual SAO trigger. Best of all, it really does well in the recoil department.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p938-brg-micro-compact.html

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Dan Find a s&w CS9 to bid on or buy and fill all your needs , da/sa trigger , decocker and 20oz weight in 9mm . That's the only 9mm pistol that fits all your needs .

The silly part is a 15oz snubby shooting 125gr +P 38sp is at least as snappy as a17oz cm9 kahr with a pinky extension assuming the snubby has soft rubber 3 finger grips . I HATE shooting a snubnose with them darn tiny two finger grips on them . Besides neather one is a range gun so its not like your going to be shooting more than a 100 rounds at each range trip once you know your reliable with it .

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ahhh, the CS9. I forgot it. :blink:
Good call! :congrats:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts