1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
No.

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
Does CC take your Right away to regularly holster your pistol?
If I understood your question, you'd understand my answer. Or like most here, probably not. But welcome anyhow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. I was just asking does having your concealed carry license stop you from open carrying your pistol.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Sorry. I was just asking does having your concealed carry license stop you from open carrying your pistol.
Is open carry legal in your State? Because the penalties for breaking a law that affects carrying, or sometimes just possessing, a pistol are so severe let me politely suggest that you do a search of the firearm laws and other laws like trespass law of the State you live in and every State you visit.

Reactions: SouthernBoyVA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is open carry legal in your State? Because the penalties for breaking a law that affects carrying, or sometimes just possessing, a pistol are so severe let me politely suggest that you do a search of the firearm laws and other laws like trespass law of the State you live in and every State you visit.
yea I’ve been trying to research through the internet, but haven’t found very much just yet and yes I’m in NC we’re an open carry state.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does CC take your Right away to regularly holster your pistol?
If I understood your question, you'd understand my answer. Or like most here, probably not. But welcome anyhow.
I’m sorry about that wording. Because I have two pistol w/ permits but I wanted to apply for my conceal license next so iwas wondering does that stops me from carrying in my hip holster like how my regular permit allows. Sorry at the bar😂�� Rip Kobe 🕊

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome from coastal North Carolina.

If I understand your question, the NC concealed carry permit will allow you to carry concealed in addition to open carry. I suspect the permit you mentioned having is one issued by the county sheriff to purchase a handgun. When you take the needed CCP class to apply for the concealed carry permit this and other questions will be dealt with at length. Oh, it takes about 6 weeks to get the permit back from the sheriff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome from coastal North Carolina.

If I understand your question, the NC concealed carry permit will allow you to carry concealed in addition to open carry. I suspect the permit you mentioned having is one issued by the county sheriff to purchase a handgun. When you take the needed CCP class to apply for the concealed carry permit this and other questions will be dealt with at length. Oh, it takes about 6 weeks to get the permit back from the sheriff.
perfect 💯

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Legally, it protects my right to open carry in Missouri. Practically? Depends on if a snowflake gets scared. Yes, the guy wasn't thinking when he went into the Neighborhood Market wearing a tactical vest and open carrying an AR and a pistol. And it was the MANAGER who lied to police dispatch, saying there was an active shooting going on and illegally pulled the fire alarm. But the manager didn't fact charges for his criminal actions. Even the prosecutor in the case admitted the man committed no crime. Still, he's been convicted of a terrorist act.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
In my state of Virginia, open carry is the normal mode of carrying a sidearm and requires no permit of any kind. If one wishes to conceal their sidearm they must have a valid CHP (Concealed Handgun Permit) and a government issued picture ID on their person while doing this. We also do not require a "permit to purchase", as there is no such thing here, before buying a handgun or long gun.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Standard disclaimer: if you're asking for some legal definitions it might be better for you to find someone knowledgeable that you can ask in person.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts