Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very quick question guys - at this point in time does Glock still manufacture and sell Gen 3 models? Just wanted to check before I go out looking around today. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
22,319 Posts
The Glock web site still lists them.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
YES THEY DO, and I prefer the Gen-3 over the Gen-4.OMOYMV

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Places like California still only allow Gen3 Glocks (at least for non-LEOs) so my guess is that Glock will continue to make them as long as there is real demand - it's just good business sense.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Places like California still only allow Gen3 Glocks (at least for non-LEOs) so my guess is that Glock will continue to make them as long as there is real demand - it's just good business sense.
Do you know what the rationale behind that is?

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
Just be careful with the Gen 3 ejectors. I have a Gen 3 G17 and it worked flawlessly for the first several hundred rounds before develping a disturbing tendency to eject brass into my face about once out of every 10 to 15 rounds. I have read that you can swap out the ejector for a new one and it should solve the problem. I haven't had a chance to try the repair yet.

The faulty ejectors are stamped with a 336.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I have a Gen 3 30. I love my Gen 3, so I don't see a need to get a Gen 4. Seems like the 'shorter trigger pull' is the main difference. Found this video on YouTube:

Glock Gen 4 vs Gen 3 Pistols - YouTube

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Wow, good to know! I wasn't really looking for one but I had just assumed that once they migrated Gens they discontinued the older ones. In some way I prefer the Gen 3.

·
Banned
192 Posts
I got one out of layaway last month.It was the GL26 gen 3.I got it,instead of the gen 4,because,it was about 30.00 less,if memory serves me right.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love my gen 4 G23, but I like my dad's gen 3 Glocks better. Only got the gen 4 because I'm left handed and want to reverse the mag release. Kind of regretting that decision.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Yes they do and I prefer my gen 3s. My next one will be a gen 3 also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts