Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tennessee recently passed a restaurant carry law that has opt-out provisions for the restaurants. Outback Steak Houses in Tn have chosen to go that route. I e-mailed Outback on the subject and received the following note for them:

from Joe Ruberto - JVP 0031 <[email protected]>
to "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
date Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:29 PM
subject Outback Steakhouse
mailed-by outback.com

Dear Mr. Aurelio;

Thank you for your recent email concerning the newly passed gun law in the State of Tennessee. While we respect the right of all citizens to bear arms, it is our decision to not allow people to do so in our restaurants. This is a corporate decision. We are not disrespectful of the rights of gun owners, we merely want all of our guests to feel welcomed and safe, and frankly see no need for guns to be brought into restaurants.

Please feel free to call me if there are any additional concerns or questions.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely

Bruce Doucette
Outback Steakhouse
615-661-8555

So my questions is "Do they ban in your state." If the do, then fine we can live with that but if they don't then we need to make sure we don't eat there since they dont want us there.

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, obviously they do NOT "respect the right of all citizens to bear arms" and are definitely "disrespectful of the rights of gun owners." They are more concerned with feeling safe than being safe. Typical hippie state of mind.

Next time someone suggests Outback in NC, we'll go elsewhere out of principle.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
They can't ban guns in FL...:danceban:...the signs would mean nothing anyway.
I can go CC into any Outback, sit in the restrauant (not a bar area) and have a beer with dinner (if I wish to do so).

Gotta' love the GunShine State.:congrats::yup:

·
Super Moderator
10,458 Posts
Its a no carry place in Ohio, but so is any other place that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises, so they had no choice about it one way or the other.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I don't recall seeing any signs at mine, but I haven't been there in a few months.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Its a no carry place in Ohio, but so is any other place that sells alcohol for consumption on the premises, so they had no choice about it one way or the other.
Even though (in NC) I cannot conceal carry into a place that serves alcohol, if they have a no gun sign I refuse to patronize their business at all.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Even though (in NC) I cannot conceal carry into a place that serves alcohol, if they have a no gun sign I refuse to patronize their business at all.
+1 Same in Va........And I too would dine elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I don't bother to look, restaurant signs mean nothing in Mass. In regards to Outback stopped eating their years ago, felt the place had become a poor value.

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Does Outbac Steak House limit Concealed Carry in your state
Not any in Colorado that I have been to. I've carried there often, concealed of course. They serve a good prime rib in my town. Don't order it rare though or you'll need your gun to kill it.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
As long as it is concealed, they won't know you have it. I would keep it out of sight and enjoy the food.

Kudu40
Welcome from Virginia.

If they don't respect my rights, then I'll spend my money elsewhere.
They also have about ten other restaurants that fly under there corporate name.

I only know that because I once bought a gift card there and it was good at a bunch of other restaurants.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
That's the thing to do. If they don't want business from CCW carriers, don't give it to them..:hand10: Besides, Outback has raised their prices, cut their portions and the quality of their food is mediocre at best. BTW Ohio is reviewing the restaurant restriction rule and with any luck it will be thrown out soon

·
Registered
243 Posts
My response would be to email the person back, and ask why you could eat, drink, and carry when you were in Florida.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I won't do business with any company that has a policy like that. The best way to show them they are being short sighted is to not give them any money and convince anyone you can to do the same.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Haven't had a problem carrying in VA at an Outback...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I was in Oklahoma City last week on business and ate dinner one evening at an Outback. I did not see any signs and no one there saw my gun. :image035:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts