Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say when your pulled over for a traffic ticket....does it show up in their computers???

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i'm wondering if it differs by state? or maybe even by which city or county you live in...

·
Registered
641 Posts
It does in Oregon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep! Although in Virginia you are not required to inform.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It does in Alaska, although you are no longer required to have a permit to CCW. You are required to tell LEO is you are carrying concealed.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
It does vary state to state. My understanding in VA it does not show on your vehicle, but when they run your drivers license it will show. If they run the plates and then the owner it will show, but that doesn't mean the driver is the owner.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Not in the GunShine State...:nono:
:31:

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
hmm i'm wondering if it differs by state? or maybe even by which city or county you live in...
Yes, it does differ. If also can differ not because of where you live, but where you get stopped. Some locals areas simply are not equipped that same as others. Some officers may not run the proper query to see your permit. There are a lot of factors involved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It does in NC, but you are still obligated to tell the LEO that you actually are carrying.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It does in TEXAS.......:hand5:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yes in TN on DL but not plates and no "notify" required.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think it varys by county, my county does, have herd other countys in my state it dosn't show up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It does in Michigan, and you're required to inform.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts