Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, where and primarily what do they stock. Ps I heard Walmarts in Alaska still sell handguns?:hand10:

·
Registered
304 Posts
2 do, 1 doesn't. Rifles and shotguns. Both in the sporting goods departments.

Funny thing though, if you call the one that doesn't sell them and ask about the rifles, or to get transferred to firearms, they will tell you it is against company policy and no Wall Mart in the nation sells firearms anymore.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, all three of them local to me sell rifles and shotguns, but only sporting purpose type (28" barrels on all shotguns, no mini 14's or 30's, etc...)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
As I understand it, Wal Mart is getting out of the firearms business, and will only be selling ammunition.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Both sell rifles and shotguns and assorted ammo for all including handgun ammo when you can find it in stock.

Lately .40 is easy to find. 9mm & .45 not so much.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nope, just Co2 and paintball guns. They're almost always out of any ammo except Shotgun slugs and birdshot

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
4 walmarts in daily travel...
1 sells firearms and ammo...sporting rifles and shotguns...
3 sell ammo only...
1 of the 3 ammo stores is the best stocked ammo store ive ever seen...the manager orders in massive quantities and takes what he can get...it has been a lifesaver this year and the spurts of large shipments have allowed me to stock up when available to get through the shortage...an order of 100 cases of any popular caliber will usually be gone by noon the day it arrives...

the others have had the same 3 boxes of ammo on the shelves for 6 months...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Jacksonville, NC they sell long arms. I have never looked for ammo there though.

I remember over a decade ago when a person could still buy a rifle or shotgun from K-Mart in PA, but I am not sure about the local Wally World up there.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
All the ones in my area do. Rifles and shotguns - no handguns. They do sell all kinds of ammo - but since the election stay out of the common handgun calibers.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
They discontinued carrying firearms after the remodel a few years back... they have an ammo counter but rarely have handgun ammo. (Well, they always have 22 and .40S&W for some reason)

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
All the ones I've seen this side of the border sell rifle and shotgun ammo only, and .22 of course.

The Port Angeles WA store sells all calibres of ammo and standard long guns.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
The ones in my local city/town sell long guns and ammo but no hand guns. Lately though very limited amounts and calibers of ammo.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The two near me sell ammo only.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Iam in Central MI & WW's around here only sell very very few long guns & they say they still sell ammo but i havent seen any in a long time :mad:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
None in South Mississippi sell firearms and haven't for maybe 4-5 years. Most barely have any ammo except .22 and shotgun shells.
Come on up to Wiggins. They have guns. Sotguns, rifles and black powder. They have a Weatherby Vangard 30-06 on sale right now for $350.00 that I am thinking about getting.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Our local Wally World does sell guns and ammo. Not a lot of stock in ammo. I was out in Louisiana a couple weeks ago and was able to find some 9mm and 380 ammo at walmart there. Six box limit per day.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts