Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard others talking about runs on ammo stores -- buying all the bulk boxes, etc.

Just got back from a trip to a big box sporting goods store with a large ammo section.

No run here in NorCal. Just as much ammo as last week. The store even had a delivery of 22LR on the shelves.

I may have time for a run to Bass Pro to see if they are being cleaned out.

I didn't buy anything as I have plenty already.

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
Just wait till gov Moonbeam bans mail order ammo

That and if it looks like Hill is going to be the prez

·
Registered
686 Posts
There is some to be had around here but the LGS owner said yesterday was very busy for him. 5.56 and 223 where in stock but there weren't thousands of rounds available looked closer to maybe 900 1000 flat. So it could get gone pretty quickly.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
16,411 Posts
Business at the LGS has picked up with first time gun buyers this week.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
It's not going to get better. It's not going to get cheaper. You better get it while you can. "Nuff said"

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I felt somewhat guilty for already being in the market for a .22 rifle. Like I was part of the craze...lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
mmmm .... I was in Bass Pro this morning to pick up some arrows .... and bought a 1,000 rds of CCI 22LR:danceban:

Reactions: Nebraska12

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
I think many of us who have lived through stock shortages before have learned our lesson and been building healthy reserves for the inevitable next run on ammo. My coffers are filled to my planned level, so I won't be joining any hordes paying a premium as shelves start to empty. It will be all the new gun owners who haven't had the joy of going on a scavenger hunt for popular calibers of ammo that will be clearing shelves while they still can. I've seen no evidence of that yet.

Reactions: Phaedrus

·
Registered
388 Posts
+1. I periodically order some "just because ". I have plenty for now. I'll just sit back and watch. Of course just below election time I may order a couple thousand.......

·
Registered
341 Posts
I made sure after the last two that I only need to buy when the price is decent. I had a guy during the last rush look at me like I was crazy for not buying my limit on .22 lr at Walmart when it was on the shelf. I bought two boxes of CCI mini mags. He said, "aren't you going to limit out?" I said "No. I don't need to because I have plenty. Besides I want to leave some for the next guy." I bought my two and walked out. When the next rush hits there will be many people late to the party. I will not be one of them.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The best way to tell if there's a panic is if CTD is selling pmags for $99, like they typically do when SHTF
I actually checked their site today. .223/5.56 was still at normal prices.......I added another 200 rounds this week, of 9mm (not from CTD).

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Nothing going on here in NC....was at a gun show Sunday, and there was lots of ammo, Primers, powder...etc, etc. but after this last incident...I'm going to start stocking up on reloading supplies quickly...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts