Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after Christmas I am picking up mt second glock I am picking up my Glock 26. I have a Serpa for my G19 but hte G 26 is strictly concealed only. Not alot of people will know I have it. So I am curious what holster people would think be better. I have it down to Don Hume or High Noon Holsters. Nothing else.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i own a high noon and don hume...quite frankly i always go for the don hume because it is quick, simple and does the trick...but its going to be on your belt...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I believe the one I got from High Noon is a Split Decision. For me the M26 rides to high and I'm not fond of it. I actually like it better for my Keltec PF9.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have had several High Noon Holsters and highly recommend them! Currently using the tuckable "Hidden Ally", which is AMAZING for concealed carry and very comfortable. Half the time I don't even notice I'm carrying anymore.

I'm not familiar with the Don Humes so can't really compare. I'd take Alex's input on the different types of holsters High Noon offers and ask yourself which you prefer:

1. A holster that is slightly harder to draw from but much more concealable and rarely prints even when bending at the waste (2:30-3:00 o'clock carry)
2. A holster that is easier to draw from quickly since it rides a little higher, making a quick grip easier to obtain, but prints more often and makes the handle stick out more when you bend over

Your answer on this will help you decide.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I have holsters from both. I prefer the Mr. Softy for IWB. The only Don Hume I like is for OWB carry....

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have one both as well. I wear the High noon IWB appendix a lot more. I like the fact I simply slide it over the belt and its there and it dissapears. I also carry it from time to time at three o clock again its just simple and it works. There are times that I just want to carry OWB rarely but when that mood strikes I grab the Don Hume. I am please I believe both are super for the money. All of that being said I would guess 85% (work and dress for dinner) I carry in a Smart carry.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I ordered a Mr Softy for my Sig 239 and found that not only is it a good, solid and comfortable holster, but it fits nicely my G26 & 27, and my PF9. Not bad for a roughly $30.00 investment.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Alright So I have it down to either this don hume.

H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $29.30 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Or the Hidden Ally.

Although does anyone know the difference between the Hidden Ally and Bare Asset?

Hidden Ally

Bare Asset

Thank you everyone for the responses.
As per their site:
Hidden Ally - tuckable, 0 degree cant.
Split Decision = Hidden Ally but with 15 degree cant.
Mr Softy - not tuckable, 0 degree cant.
Bare Asset = Mr Softy but with 15 degree cant.

Tuckables are thicker but you can tuck your shirt in.

I have the Hidden Ally for my G26, appendix carry. It is perfect for that.

Personally, for 3:30-4:30 carry I would want a canted holster, but not everyone feels that way.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm waiting on a HighNoon Slide Guard for my G19. Should be here next month.:smile:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As per their site:
Hidden Ally - tuckable, 0 degree cant.
Split Decision = Hidden Ally but with 15 degree cant.
Mr Softy - not tuckable, 0 degree cant.
Bare Asset = Mr Softy but with 15 degree cant.

Tuckables are thicker but you can tuck your shirt in.

I have the Hidden Ally for my G26, appendix carry. It is perfect for that.

Personally, for 3:30-4:30 carry I would want a canted holster, but not everyone feels that way.
Well I think I found the one I want then.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Had a very bad experience with Don Hume and would NEVER buy another product from them. Their Customer service was terrible and they cost me an extra $30 on something I ended up returning anyway. To me service has to be as important as quality. Theirs just wasn't.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Well, since I have both Don Hume, and High Noon holsters, and considering the High Noon was bought specifically for my wife and her G27 carry......and I've tried it out myself! I'm going with High Noon holsters from now on. Speaking seriously, I think they have anything I'll ever need in the way of holsters. As an added bonus, High Noon holsters is a site sponsor. I'm all for anything to keep the site going. I just can't believe they've been right here, within plain sight all this time. Simple, effective, reasonable. Who could ask for anything more?

·
Super Moderator
19,539 Posts
Although does anyone know the difference between the Hidden Ally and Bare Asset?

Hidden Ally

Bare Asset

Look closely at the pictures. The Bare Asset has a modest butt-forward cant, and the Hidden Ally rides lower with respect to the trouser waistband. It's the same gun in both pictures; if you look at the top of the waistband clip, see how much deeper the gun sits in the Hidden Ally. More hidden, but also might be a bit slower to get a firing grip. The Hidden Ally is also a "tuckable" design, allowing you to blouse a shirt over the butt of the gun; the Bare Asset doesn't have that feature.

The Don Hume holster has a reinforced mouth, which allows for one-handed re-holstering, whereas neither of the High Noons does. For me, one-handed re-holstering is a deal breaker; my holsters simply must not close up when the gun is drawn. Your situation may be different, but just be aware of the difference.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Alright So I have it down to either this don hume.

H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $29.30 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Or the Hidden Ally.

Hidden Ally

Bare Asset

The don hume you link up top is a better comparision to our Hideaway w/clip They are about the same leather thickness but we have a tension screw for adjustment of the draw.

Justin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts