Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is long overdue. They need to Federally prosecute every one of these people who are participating in the riots if there is any way to do it.

Donald Trump: The United States will Designate Antifa as a Terrorist Organization

President Donald Trump announced on Sunday plans to designate the violent leftist group Antifa as a terrorist organization.

“The United States of America will be designating ANTIFA as a Terrorist Organization,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

The president commented after consecutive days of heightened rioting in several major cities after a black man George Floyd died after an officer knelt on his neck for several minutes while detaining him.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/31/donald-trump-the-united-states-will-designate-antifa-as-a-terrorist-organization/

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Indeed: Way, way long overdue. And rounding up, arresting and permanently caging them needs to be enforced vigorously. Get enough of them, fast enough, and their Soros/Bloomie lawyers won't be able to keep up.

Will anyone in government have enough guts to do it the right way?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I’m pleased that POTUS is taking this action; Antifa has crossed the line on numerous occasions and deserve to be the target of our law enforcement agencies. Does this also mean that military and intelligence agency resources will be made available to counter them?

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does this also mean that military and intelligence agency resources will be made available to counter them?
I can't answer that question.

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
I’m pleased that POTUS is taking this action; Antifa has crossed the line on numerous occasions and deserve to be the target of our law enforcement agencies. Does this also mean that military and intelligence agency resources will be made available to counter them?
I can't answer that question.
Not legally, if you're referring to CIA and Military. The FBI's capability is questionable. It's one thing to place a label on any organization, another thing to do something about it. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Not legally, if you're referring to CIA and Military. The FBI's capability is questionable. It's one thing to place a label on any organization, another thing to do something about it. Time will tell.

I do think that this designation opens the door to some investigation though. And if they do indeed follow the money maybe we can finally stop this nonsense [stronger words to follow] at the source.

·
Premium Member
3,951 Posts
The problem with Antifa is that there's no real leader or organization you can put your finger on. Trump can designate it a terrorist operation, and I agree with that, but who do you prosecute?

Individuals who are rioting can be arrested but if they deny being part of Antifa, how are you going to prove they are. Who is Antifa...just a bunch of individuals and sleeper cells not formally connected.

Most of us are pretty sure George Soros is funding these operations but he's so insulated from it that I doubt he'll ever be held accountable. The middle men might not know who they're really working for because transferring funds via the internet can be difficult to trace.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I do think that this designation opens the door to some investigation though. And if they do indeed follow the money maybe we can finally stop this nonsense [stronger words to follow] at the source.
That was my first reaction. I really want to pull back the curtain on funding.

Side bonus: with that announcement, all the deepest pockets have already instantly cut ties.

Negative effect: All the deepest pockets still exist and still have the same goal. New poorly disguised pro-communist violent group will likely pop-up shortly.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem with Antifa is that there's no real leader or organization you can put your finger on. Trump can designate it a terrorist operation, and I agree with that, but who do you prosecute?

Individuals who are rioting can be arrested but if they deny being part of Antifa, how are you going to prove they are. Who is Antifa...just a bunch of individuals and sleeper cells not formally connected.

Most of us are pretty sure George Soros is funding these operations but he's so insulated from it that I doubt he'll ever be held accountable. The middle men might not know who they're really working for because transferring funds via the internet can be difficult to trace.
Maybe if you peel the layers back of the onion, you can get back to who did the funding? You arrest the rioters, ask them where they got the money, and move up the chain.

·
Registered
284 Posts
There is no Constitutional basis for labeling a domestic organization as "Terrorist" based upon their exercise of 1st Amendment rights of Free Speech. Consider the potential long term ramifications of having that logic applied in other forums.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts