Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Maybe if you peel the layers back of the onion, you can get back to who did the funding? You arrest the rioters, ask them where they got the money, and move up the chain.
Yes, if the layers lead to anything. Like I said, money can be transferred over the internet that can't be traced, or traced back to a dead end. I think a lot of the Antifa "organization" is done over the internet and the so called, "members" don't know each other, much like Islamic home grown terrorists.

Even if you can get a name, you have to prove they are responsible for paying people to riot in the name of the ever nebulous, "Antifa". It's a "movement" not a real organization. How do you prosecute a movement.

We all know it when we see it, but prosecuting and convicting...that I don't see.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
There is no Constitutional basis for labeling a domestic organization as "Terrorist" based upon their exercise of 1st Amendment rights of Free Speech. Consider the potential long term ramifications of having that logic applied in other forums.
That's not what makes them a terrorist organization. Inciting riots, burning, beatings, violence and causing mayhem is what makes them a terrorist organization.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Not legally, if you're referring to CIA and Military. The FBI's capability is questionable. It's one thing to place a label on any organization, another thing to do something about it. Time will tell.
Find'em, track the money - oh, we know the accounts will link to Soros. Would that be enough to freeze every one of his accounts in the USA?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Not legally, if you're referring to CIA and Military. The FBI's capability is questionable. It's one thing to place a label on any organization, another thing to do something about it. Time will tell.
Thankfully, the FBI doesn't need to do anything. When ANTIFA folks get arrested by local or state cops, a federal prosecutor can step in and file the necessary federal charges. I'm with you about the general efficacy of the FBI. If things were left to the field agents, it would be much better.

Still in all...what does the raccoon have to say about them being declared a terrorist organization?

Excellent.jpg

Are any of you old enough to remember the destruction of the "organized" Klu Klux Klan? Terrorism takes many forms. Saying ANTIFA is only engaged in the exercise of free speech according to the 1st Amendment is sort of like claiming "Some people did something on 9/11."

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
I'm betting that there will even be some Senate and Congressional investigations.:puke:

While I'm on the subject, can anyone fill me in on any investigation results down through the years...many years?

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
There is no Constitutional basis for labeling a domestic organization as "Terrorist" based upon their exercise of 1st Amendment rights of Free Speech. Consider the potential long term ramifications of having that logic applied in other forums.
Since when did rioting, burning and looting become a 1st Amendment Free Speech right?

Check out the protesters. They are showing up with signs, bicycles, kids and pets.

Antifa is showing up with masks to hide heir identity and gear to protect them from tear gas as well as tools for breaking windows, maltov cocktails etc.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You need to read up on what Antifa has done in the past. Labeling them a terrorist group has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Half the country are wearing masks right now, how do you attribute this to Antifa?
Open your eyes man. They have a history of wearing black masks.

Why did you latch on to that comment instead answering my question?

Since when did rioting, burning and looting become a 1st Amendment Free Speech right?

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Half the country are wearing masks right now, how do you attribute this to Antifa?
It not just the wearing of masks but until the COVID epidemic, Antifa routinely hid their identity.

Again, it's their systematic violent actions that identify them as Antifa, now a designated terrorist organization.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
It`s Real Easy Folks,Grab a few of the Leaders/Dealers and Squeek them bigtime to Follow the MONEY!!!!. That`s where it`s at..The MONEY!!!. Then go after them with some Black Ops and Delete them for good!!!. Problem Solved for now BUT...it`s a Top Down situation and those are the ones to be deleted!. Hurry!!.

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
I am not a fan of Antifa, but I will say, they supported the gun rights Lobby Day in VA big time, but they also behaved themselves. The Richmond and the Tidewater groups are pro-2A and anti-Northam. It did not turn out to be a false flag thing like some predicted. People here may not like that truth, but it is the truth. Strange bedfellows, I know, but the enemy of my enemy might be my friend. Personally, I think BLM is a bigger threat and they are organized.

Also, while Trump's action is well intended, it is also more of a PR stunt. Antifa is not a centrally organized group, but a bunch of splinter cells. As someone said, all they have to do is change their name and back to the status quo. I think little will come of it. It is also a legal question as to whether Trump has the authority to declare a purely domestic organization a terrorist group.

If these folks are systematically planning illegal activity, I would thing something like the RICO statutes would be more appropriate.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I am not a fan of Antifa, but I will say, they supported the gun rights Lobby Day in VA big time, but they also behaved themselves. The Richmond and the Tidewater groups are pro-2A and anti-Northam. It did not turn out to be a false flag thing like some predicted. People here may not like that truth, but it is the truth. Strange bedfellows, I know, but the enemy of my enemy might be my friend. Personally, I think BLM is a bigger threat and they are organized.

Also, while Trump's action is well intended, it is also more of a PR stunt. Antifa is not a centrally organized group, but a bunch of splinter cells. As someone said, all they have to do is change their name and back to the status quo. I think little will come of it. It is also a legal question as to whether Trump has the authority to declare a purely domestic organization a terrorist group.

If these folks are systematically planning illegal activity, I would thing something like the RICO statutes would be more appropriate.
To find enough charges for a RICO Indictment you have to Follow the Money!. Everything is ALL about the Money OK?. That`s how they Whacked Al Capone...Remember?. America does have the Resourse`s to Find and Prosecute those who are operating Illegally. Why are they NOT being used???.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
And now Antifa America say's they are ready to bring it to the neighborhoods and "take what's ours" from the residences.
All I can say is whoever posted that BS on twitter is a lousy poker player. lol
UH...They DO Not want to come to my neighborhood as we are an Armed Enclave and they will Not leave except in a Bag. We ask them to Stay Away and leave us in Peace.

·
Super Moderator
18,276 Posts
Arrest them. Interrogate them. Then follow the money to see who is behind them.

Just start arresting everyone who is rioting while wearing a mask or dressed in military style uniforms.

Arrest them if they are rioting even if they aren't wearing a mask or dressed in military style uniforms.

Lawlessness is the issue rather than how they're dressed.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts

My concern is the slippery slope of unintended consequence this may have. The next regime in office may dub the NRA, RTKABA, or organization like the ACLJ a “ Terrorist “ organization.

It could lead to the attempted shut down of any type of protest that they don’t like.
Hopefully not, but I don’t really trust the government’s discernment or benevolent judgement these days.

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
My concern is the slippery slope of unintended consequence this may have. The next regime in office may dub the NRA, RTKABA, or organization like the ACLJ a “ Terrorist “ organization.

It could lead to the attempted shut down of any type of protest that they don’t like.
Hopefully not, but I don’t really trust the government’s discernment or benevolent judgement these days.
Yep, people have tried to declare the NRA a terrorist organization in the past. The VA government practically treated the VCDL's Lobby Day efforts like it was a terrorist effort this past January. The crowd of 22,000 plus behaved perfectly, but if something had happened, I can see someone wanting to hang the terrorist label on us.

People need to be really careful with 1A restrictions. We may agree with actions against whatever group is getting taken to task today, but tomorrow it may go the other way. I am not saying turn a blind eye to the things they do wrong. I am saying that should be treated directly as crime, with arrests and prosecutions, not as some blanket restriction.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet. But what organization, exactly, is going to investigate ANTIFA? The FBI? The same FBI that ran the coup against Trump and Flynn? I see absolutely nothing coming of this ever. When the next Democrat gets elected POTUS, he or she will either also designate the NRA or VFW as terrorists or revoke that designation. Sorry or seeing the dark cloud behind this silver lining.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
People need to be really careful with 1A restrictions. We may agree with actions against whatever group is getting taken to task today, but tomorrow it may go the other way. I am not saying turn a blind eye to the things they do wrong. I am saying that should be treated directly as crime, with arrests and prosecutions, not as some blanket restriction.
If all Antifa did was talk, this would be a non-issue. They have done a lot more than that.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts