Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
That is nice.....great "invention". I am going to make me some of these......

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is nice.....great "invention". I am going to make me some of these......
Great. Hope you like them. Let me know how they work out.
Donnie D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Making my list:

Duct Tape - Bright color......CHECK
Poster board or cardboard...CHECK
Black Paint Spray...............CHECK
Red Pait Spray...................CHECK

Now to go shopping.....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They work great. Enjoy.
Thanks,
Donnie D

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Cool!!!! Slicker than frozen owl snot!!!
AbsopositivelyBodacious!!!

On a side note I just came from Old Dog's 'Old Folks' site and I'm gonna join. He's got stuff on there already that concerns anybody who has eye trouble or aches and pains. Hells bells people I've carried a 380 off and on since 2005 when I got my lil 1911 380. I was just 53 in 2005. Not exactly old but certainly NOT a whipper snapper no more.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AbsopositivelyBodacious!!!

On a side note I just came from Old Dog's 'Old Folks' site and I'm gonna join. He's got stuff on there already that concerns anybody who has eye trouble or aches and pains. Hells bells people I've carried a 380 off and on since 2005 when I got my lil 1911 380. I was just 53 in 2005. Not exactly old but certainly NOT a whipper snapper no more.

Is the Old Folks Site something on this forum, or somewhere else/
Donnie D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Nice! I've made the shoot n see targets myself already, still have all the stuff and I have some colored duct tape as well. Going to have to get a couple of those board and try it. I could see making two or three, bringing the flat black spray paint out and respray em right there.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I found my supplies at Lowes for less than $20

Garden Kneeling Board - $9.48
Yellow Duct Tape - $3.30
Orange Duct Tape - $3.30 (for bulls eye)
Flat Black Paint - $0.99

130428-01.jpg

The foam board at Walmart is less money, but smaller.

I think that the foam target will last many, many rounds using .22 LR and 9mm FMJ. I probably would not use HP on a regular basis. But the holes from a .22 LR HP were not much worse than a RN. And the 9mm FMJ holes were not too bad.

I also made a target using the round cardboard from a frozen pizza. Using cardboard, you could make a lot of targets using $10 worth of tape and paint.

130428-04.jpg 130428-05.jpg 130428-06-HP.jpg 130428-07-RN.jpg

Thanks again Donnie D!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I just went out to the garage to remove some pizza boxes from the recycling bin.

You guts are so smart! What's next, duct tape custom grips? :tongue:

Actually, I used to hunt ducks and pheasant with a guy who carried a Mossberg 500 with a broken stock. The gun had taken a bad fall and he was unable to keep the stock tight to the receiver. We were poor back in those days so he kept it all together with duct tape. Grey was the only color choice back then.

I think Red Green would approve of this thread. Thanks, Donnie D!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice! I've made the shoot n see targets myself already, still have all the stuff and I have some colored duct tape as well. Going to have to get a couple of those board and try it. I could see making two or three, bringing the flat black spray paint out and respray em right there.
When it needs repainting, rub over the old paint with a dry paper towel first. This will remove the loose paint.
Donnie D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do they hold up to larger caliber rounds? Say .45 or .357 mag?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Haven't tried this new self healing version with larger stuff yet. I test it this week, and let you know.
Donnie D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts