Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Welcome to the Club. My wife also carries a Lady Smith. Found this one in the case at my local gun shop case, used, for $330 iirc... it had to take a trip back to Smith for some warranty work (free of course) but its a solid shooter now.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GITRDUUUNNNNN!! Is hers a model 60 or 65?
Donnie D

·
Super Moderator
18,826 Posts
Fun video!

I don't know what they did to those Model 65 Ladysmith's but those things will shoot. A unique configuration too with that shrouded ejector rod, three-inch barrel, and fixed sights. Smith & Wesson must have worked some sort of magic on the actions for they are uniformly smooth as silk. My brother-in-law has one he got for himself and it has a nicer action feel than does my favorite old Model 10 that's had a jillion rounds fired through it. I'm jealous.

There's one in a pawn shop in a nearby town right now and it's just as smooth and light of trigger. I took a hard look at it. I like everything about it: barrel length, ejector rod shroud, hand-filling stocks. But I don't like the side plate to be sporting "Ladysmith." Guess I'm not in touch with my feminine side for I was calculating ways to remove the marking.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
60-14 LS i think this one is Donnie. At least that's the notation I made on it in my record book.
As far as I know, if it is a 5 shot it is a 60 or 60 variant. Ifit is a 6 shot it is a 65 or 65 variant.
I think, but don't hold me to it.
Donnie D:smile:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fun video!

I don't know what they did to those Model 65 Ladysmith's but those things will shoot. A unique configuration too with that shrouded ejector rod, three-inch barrel, and fixed sights. Smith & Wesson must have worked some sort of magic on the actions for they are uniformly smooth as silk. My brother-in-law has one he got for himself and it has a nicer action feel than does my favorite old Model 10 that's had a jillion rounds fired through it. I'm jealous.

There's one in a pawn shop in a nearby town right now and it's just as smooth and light of trigger. I took a hard look at it. I like everything about it: barrel length, ejector rod shroud, hand-filling stocks. But I don't like the side plate to be sporting "Ladysmith." Guess I'm not in touch with my feminine side for I was calculating ways to remove the marking.
Hey, just think of the gun as the lady, not a gun for a lady. Now get back down to that pawn shop and get dat gun afor somebody beats you to it. Move it, move it, move it.:hand56:
Donnie D

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
As far as I know, if it is a 5 shot it is a 60 or 60 variant. Ifit is a 6 shot it is a 65 or 65 variant.
I think, but don't hold me to it.
Donnie D:smile:
That is as I understand it as well. Only thing I think different is they made some of the lady smiths in the 60 models in 3 or 2 inch. A rumor perhaps but I have heard it. It does appear to me, from some things I read and from those few I have had in my hands, that the actions of all Lady Smiths are worked over a bit from the normal runs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts