Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Donnie,
Be sure to let us know how that works out on the Beretta.

I have one on a light weight AR and it seems to be great low cost alternative to the AimPoint. I will be getting one of the AimPoint micro sights when I have the extra dinero but the Vortex quality is very good for the money.

I haven't had any problems with the power button in a soft case.

The only thing I found with the flip up covers is that the cheaper ones(Vortex included) are just a bit more finicky to get snapped closed. The AimPoint covers are just as smooth as can be when opening and closing.

I tossed the 2x magnifier in the box. It's just not good for the AR platform. Again, let us know if works on the pistol for you

I really enjoy your vids.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Donnie,
Be sure to let us know how that works out on the Beretta.

I have one on a light weight AR and it seems to be great low cost alternative to the AimPoint. I will be getting one of the AimPoint micro sights when I have the extra dinero but the Vortex quality is very good for the money.

I haven't had any problems with the power button in a soft case.

The only thing I found with the flip up covers is that the cheaper ones(Vortex included) are just a bit more finicky to get snapped closed. The AimPoint covers are just as smooth as can be when opening and closing.

I tossed the 2x magnifier in the box. It's just not good for the AR platform. Again, let us know if works on the pistol for you

I really enjoy your vids.

Thanks luvmy40, for your comments. I enjoy makin the vids, and I hope they help someone out sometimes. I was glad I got to see and hold the AimPoint sight yesterday. The Aimpoint, I'm sure is a better sight, but they were very close, at least on first inspection. I hope to get the Neos out this week and zero in the site and start testing them together. May even get to do some today, but right now it's lookin a little stormy. I hope the magnifier will work, as I hope I'll be able to shoot 4" or smaller targets out a bit past 100 yards, but we'll see.
Donnie D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I have one on an AK (SGL21) and it works great. Battery life isn't great and the night vision button is in a bad spot and can be actuated easily by accident but I think it's still a great alternative to the higher price RDS's.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got all mixed up on the buttons in the video last night. Had hit the NV button thinking I was changing the dot color, and could't figure out for a minute what I had done wrong. Figured it out though.
Thanks,
Donnie D

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have a strikefire on my AR.

If you get one, get the bright red version, not the red green. The bright red is brighter on the lowest setting than the red green on the highest. Lifetime warranty, alas, made in China. If you want american made pay double and get an Aimpoint. I have used both, they are comparable.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I was really considering a Sparc as a lower cost alternative to a Aimpoint but I have heard two major complaints.

1- Even on the lowest brightness setting the dot is still SUPER bright.
2- People say the button are crappy. It seems like it's easy to accidentally turn it on.

I've heard the number 2 is an issue with the product line in general. It's said because they to be a nice mid point between primary arms and the higher end stuff. Not that primary arms is by any means bad by the way ;)

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I really like them both but the 3yr minimum battery life on the cheapest Aimpoint makes them not comparable on my opinion.
That's the primary reason I am going to replace my Primary Arms micro dot with an Aimpoint H1. The battery life is just amazing. Also, the quality is second to none. They build those things like tanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was really considering a Sparc as a lower cost alternative to a Aimpoint but I have heard two major complaints.

1- Even on the lowest brightness setting the dot is still SUPER bright.
2- People say the button are crappy. It seems like it's easy to accidentally turn it on.

I've heard the number 2 is an issue with the product line in general. It's said because they to be a nice mid point between primary arms and the higher end stuff. Not that primary arms is by any means bad by the way ;)
I just got my Strikefire yesterday, and have only played around with it a bit, not ready to do a full review by any means. However I can say this for absolute certain, that niether of the two points you mentioned are true. Not a problem with either of those issues with my Strikefire. Can't say about the Sparc. May be a problem with that sight.
Donnie D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's the primary reason I am going to replace my Primary Arms micro dot with an Aimpoint H1. The battery life is just amazing. Also, the quality is second to none. They build those things like tanks.
Have never used an Aimpoint, but I did look at the one my LGS owner owns, and I have to say, it is very impressive just holding it in my hand and looking it over. Also, VERY expensive.
Donnie D

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Have never used an Aimpoint, but I did look at the one my LGS owner owns, and I have to say, it is very impressive just holding it in my hand and looking it over. Also, VERY expensive.
Donnie D
lol, yep. An aimpoint H1 (The slightly less expensive non NV version of the T1) + a mount will run you about 700.00 OUCH! I never would have paid that for a optic a month ago but I decided that I wanted to sell off some of my lower end gear and build 1 super tough uber rifle that would be my one and only "battle rifle". I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am sparing no expense but I am trying to not cut any corners with this rifle so an aimpoint is an option. But yeah.... My wallet is groaning. I'm also looking at a Eotech xps.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol, yep. An aimpoint H1 (The slightly less expensive non NV version of the T1) + a mount will run you about 700.00 OUCH! I never would have paid that for a optic a month ago but I decided that I wanted to sell off some of my lower end gear and build 1 super tough uber rifle that would be my one and only "battle rifle". I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am sparing no expense but I am trying to not cut any corners with this rifle so an aimpoint is an option. But yeah.... My wallet is groaning. I'm also looking at a Eotech xps.
When you get it all together, be sure to make a vid. I'd like to see it.
Donnie D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I've got one (bright red, not red/green) for my AR, and I really like it. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it for a pistol optic.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got one (bright red, not red/green) for my AR, and I really like it. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it for a pistol optic.
Yep, supposed to be really nice weather this week, so I hope I can get going on this after work and find out how this combo does.
I like your signature.
Thanks,
Donnie D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts