Lots of lessons and examples to be seen in this video:

·
Premium Member
36,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
It presents in a you tube window for me.

The belt attacked the knife, the belt got within the knifes range. Even as the belt has the advantage of range, operator error had the belt get closer than necessary.

·
Super Moderator
18,006 Posts
If clicking on the video does not work for you just click the title at the top and it will take you to YouTube and the video.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
If your going to pick a fight, and be the aggressor, please make sure you bring more than a belt and have some semblance of h2h skills. As we note in the clip, the knife guy didn't have to make much effort to insert it into his neck when belt guy came into range.

If knife guy really knew what he was doing, he'd have used the comma cut and the clean up on aisle 5 would have been drastically worse. Not to mention shortened the time belt guy was upright/. Where it was already inserted, the comma cut's a no brainer.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
With just one swipe a knife fighter can gut you like a fish, don’t want to tangle with one either.
He went for the kill shot with that stab to the side of the neck. He wasn't mucking around and stopped when belt guy backed off instead of then becoming the aggressor.

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
If your going to pick a fight, and be the aggressor, please make sure you bring more than a belt and have some semblance of h2h skills. As we note in the clip, the knife guy didn't have to make much effort to insert it into his neck when belt guy came into range.

If knife guy really knew what he was doing, he'd have used the comma cut and the clean up on aisle 5 would have been drastically worse. Not to mention shortened the time belt guy was upright/. Where it was already inserted, the comma cut's a no brainer.
whats a comma cut?
In the old days a garrison belt was used in rumbles! :smile:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, real 'knife fights' aren't pretty. My knife instructor used to ask questions to demonstrate how little most folks understand about knives:

Instructor, holding training knife in forward grip in contact with student's stomach: "OK, now that we've inserted, what's the next move?"
Student 1: "Uh, pull it out and stab again?"
Student 2: "Cut across the torso?"
Instructor, rapidly moving knife in large circles across the abdomen: "Nope, once the knife goes in, we never take it out-MIXMASTER."

I've survived three knife attacks, and I can honestly say that within three or four feet, I'd rather face a gun.

Larry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts