Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here Is The Link..........Check It Out If You Are Thinking About Buying A 1911 Click Here.

It's a Copyrighted page..........Click the above link to read more.........................:yup: Great Web Page For 1911 Newbies.

TEN STEPS TO A GOOD M1911 STYLE PISTOL

The first consideration, of course, is appearance. If you are buying this gun as a collector, this is paramount. Most of the suggestions that follow will not be applicable. If you are looking for a "bullseye" or target grade pistol, here are some important things to consider. For a range or target weapon, do not rule out any of the numerous M1911 style copies of foreign and domestic manufacture.

ALL GOOD GUNS ARE NOT MADE BY COLT

Some of these are fully equal to Colt in quality and many Colt repair parts may fit, such as the sears, disconnectors and springs. Even hammers, slide latches and barrels may be interchangable. This makes them easy and practical to both accurize and repair. There is certainly a pride in owning a genuine Colt but the Colt Mystique does not help downrange and an equally accurate pistol may be found in other makes for half the price.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Plenty of very good tips there QK - it can be a minefield for folks just starting and any and all info is useful, to help prevent getting either what they didn't really want - or a lemon!!!

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Thanks for that QK.

Excellent advise.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Nice find QK, very good info.

That's for sure the truth, contrary to popular belief and Colt addicts.

Ti.

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
He does do a lot of comparing to Colt. :wink:

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Ti Carry said:
Nice find QK, very good info.

That's for sure the truth, contrary to popular belief and Colt addicts.

Ti.
I'm with ya

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks alot, I'm in the market for a new one now....

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Ti Carry said:
and Colt addicts.
Hey...I resemble that remark :image035:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Thanks from here in Arizona - I've been researching M1911's and my head is spinning. That link/article helps. :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
22,006 Posts
Euc,

Colin appears to be in Canada.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Euclidean

We still can, despite the best efforts of our now departed Liberal government, handgun sales are slowly raising, long guns sales are steady, rough guess is anywhere from 5-11 million handguns in the country legally (sort of) and approx. 22 million or so long guns.

Growing up it seemed almost compulsory to have a .303 enfield and a .22cal rifle. :)

The last government tried to get reelected on a platform that had banning of all handguns in Canada as one of their main promises to reduce crime, it flew like a lead balloon, the new government is gun friendly (Canadian style) and is in the process of dismantling our long gun registry which cost anywhere from 2-3 billion over 10 years (this dismantling was an election issue that did fly) We aren’t out of the woods yet as the new government is a minority, but no one want a election for awhile and they have time to clean up the mess and prove themselves.

We Northern gun nuts have learned our lesson that remaining quiet is a death sentence and we are learning from our Southern brothers how to rock the boat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts