1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
My youngest child is fifty-two and the oldest is fifty-six. I will let them decide.
In which case, "THEY" are going to insist, "that YOU", have "YOUR name", placed with a laundry marker, in the label area of "YOUR" T-shirt's! 😂 ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
My kids schools place their names, teachers, bus route etc on their backpacks

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
I don’t even wear my company badge. If you need to know my name, I’ll tell you.

My son got a backpack with his initials as a gift. That was ok.

·
Registered
44,729 Posts
Same for putting your name on license plates. Car jackers can call you by name and then gain your confidence.No one remembers their name being on the back of the car.
I look at those "In Loving Memory of..." decals on car windows much the same way. For one thing, no one knows that person, and if they did, chances are they haven't forgotten them.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
How about your name tattooed on your back , arm or stomach ?

I think not having your name on your kids backpack is a good idea. I think child molesters don’t receive proper justice. They sure seem to get back on the streets in a timely manner compared to other offensives
edit: at least in my liberal state

·
Premium Member
39,014 Posts
True it could but as a parent we should be teaching our kids how to be safe when creepers pop up to be honest
Do tell...

·
Registered
G19.4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42 and more.
1,121 Posts
Initials -- OK however, an acronym would be better -- WETSU can help a child identify his/her stuff.

Just in case, We Eat This S@#^ Up

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
In which case, "THEY" are going to insist, "that YOU", have "YOUR name", placed with a laundry marker, in the label area of "YOUR" T-shirt's! 😂 ;)
Funny and so true. I’m using every day a pillow cover that has my grandparents last name on it from back when they were in the nursing home. It was so long ago, but just seeing their name makes my heart smile.

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
I look at those "In Loving Memory of..." decals on car windows much the same way. For one thing, no one knows that person, and if they did, chances are they haven't forgotten them.
My answer to THAT! *

*full disclosure: this is NOT on MY truck!

Vertebrate Sleeve Mammal Font Logo

·
Premium Member
6,040 Posts
Funny and so true. I’m using every day a pillow cover that has my grandparents last name on it from back when they were in the nursing home. It was so long ago, but just seeing their name makes my heart smile.
Same here, BUT, I'm "doubly lucky", as I share both my Grandfathers & Fathers name/initials. It's allowed me to re-purpose several items! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: Sister and msgt/ret

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Society sure seems a lot more dangerous for kids than when I was a kid.
Whole summer days passed by with the only concern of my mother being that I wasn’t in the house. She needed her space I guess.
It actually isn’t more dangerous. It’s just that you hear about things more.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
It actually isn’t more dangerous. It’s just that you hear about things more.
And all the self licking ice cream cone organizations in the OP's article ensure you hear about it all the time.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Another thing that surprises me is when people put their last name on their mailbox or their front door.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts