Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a great two-part Youtube series on why you NEVER talk to a cop if you are involved in a shooting... or even involved in some way.

A cops job is to investigate... so just let them... but YOU never speak to them unless your lawyer is present and a few protections are set in place.

Remember... "Anything you say will or can be used against you"... by design, it does not state that it can HELP you (bet you didn't know that)!!!!

Was also part of my CCW/CCH training class here in Kansas (the rule, not the videos).

Part #1 is the lawyers view and part #2 is from a policeman/detective (and they both agree).....

Part #1:
YouTube - Don't Talk to Cops, Part 1

Part #2:
YouTube - Don't Talk to Cops, Part 2

Enjoy.... worth watching it all.....

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Lots of threads on this already. Sorry buddy

BTW, Welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
:repost::yup:...several times...but still good to bookmark.:ticking:

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
It may have been old news but it is the best old news that I have seen. IMHO everyone needs to listen to this advice again.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is an old post that I will not gripe about.

I sent an email to one of the Missouri attorneys that worked on the Missouri self-defense laws and CCW. I asked what a ballpark price would be for legal defense in a defensive shooting. He said expect to pay $20,000 probably more. Pretty scary.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
The video is BS.

You don't need a lawyer. You handled the situation like a man, now handle the aftermath like one too!

If you are justified, then tell the cops what happened and they will see it from your point of things...ESPECIALLY if the other guy isn't talking.

That video is one thing only - marketing for lawyers!:mad:

·
Registered
934 Posts
The video is BS.

You don't need a lawyer. You handled the situation like a man, now handle the aftermath like one too!

If you are justified, then tell the cops what happened and they will see it from your point of things...ESPECIALLY if the other guy isn't talking.

That video is one thing only - marketing for lawyers!:mad:

hahahah no its not........

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I am a real lawyer, so don't believe anything I say. :danceban:

·
Registered
388 Posts
So you say....

I am a real lawyer, so don't believe anything I say. :danceban:
which a reading of your past posts shows that you have 'crowed' about with every opportunity offered by thread topics.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Nobody listens to a word I say anyway.

That whole "actually doing this kind of thing for real" deal is worthless when compared to the vast training and practical experience people get from the internet, reading magazines, talking to a lawyer at a CCW class, having coffee with a cop or being sued once or twice.

So...

I'll jump on the bandwagon for once.

Talk to the cops. Tell them the whole story. You don't need a lawyer. The police & court will understand if you make incriminating or inconsistant statements due to stress...

:wave:

·
Banned
908 Posts
Falsely incriminate yourself by foolishly running your mouth to the cops and you may be handling prison "like a man"... or maybe somebody's girlfriend.

Of course I've seen people tell the gullible that they don't need anti-virus protection on their computers and that AIDS is a "hoax" they don't need to worry about too.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
which a reading of your past posts shows that you have 'crowed' about with every opportunity offered by thread topics.:rofl:
Yes.

I am quite the...bad word..., aren't I.

Does it change the fact that I'm almost always right...

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes.

I am quite the...bad word..., aren't I.

Does it change the fact that I'm almost always right...
and seemingly, to my feeble mind, most always humble, and selfless. Sorta' similar to Gecko45, huh? But, hey, that's just me.:haha:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Okay,

Nobody listens to a word I say anyway.

That whole "actually doing this kind of thing for real" deal is worthless when compared to the vast training and practical experience people get from the internet, reading magazines, talking to a lawyer at a CCW class, having coffee with a cop or being sued once or twice.

So...

I'll jump on the bandwagon for once.

Talk to the cops. Tell them the whole story. You don't need a lawyer. The police & court will understand if you make incriminating or inconsistant statements due to stress...

:wave:
I see. That was just tongue in cheek. I guess I am not as sharp as a big city lawyer feller'. Poor guy, feeling a little like Rodney Dangerfield, huh?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts