Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Normally I have the upmost respect for all Leo's and their actions, not so much in this case

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
If they have a fleeing felon law, or if suspect has shown he is a danger to public safety and could keep killing, then why not light him up? I admire this officer's determination, we need that nowadays. If it were my family member the suspect murdered ESPECIALLY>

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't recommend firing a rifle in confined spaces . However , I am a proponent of 'Whatever it takes to catch the ****' tactical moves . Hearing loss vs more lives lost . Glad I didn't have to make that call . Huh ? What was that you said ?

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Wow! It looks like some really bad shooting; what did he fire, like a full mag? Then again I suppose firing through the windshield while you're driving doesn't do much for your accuracy. The vid looked insane but I guess he got the bad guy.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
#Phaedrus , i don't know your experience shooting from moving vehicles, but i've found it to be harder than tv makes it look. i can't see the officer's groups, can you? i guess i'm saying, my computer screen isn't a good vantage point to criticize shot placement.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I can't say for certain, but to my untrained (civilian) eye, it looks like the first burst was mostly to get the windshield out of the way for clear(ish) shots at the target. I haven't shot through safety glass before, but I know that it gets REALLY hard to see anything through after it's shattered.

Either way, I'm glad the officer is unharmed, and the threat was neutralized.

Also, that is some very impressive shooting from a moving vehicle. Especially with not eye protection, in the dark.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
#Phaedrus , i don't know your experience shooting from moving vehicles, but i've found it to be harder than tv makes it look. i can't see the officer's groups, can you? i guess i'm saying, my computer screen isn't a good vantage point to criticize shot placement.
I have shot from a moving vehicle several times, and it's harder than hell.
Yeah, I have too and it's very difficult indeed. I've never seen it done on TV though so I don't know how hard it looks there...I suppose everything looks easy on TV!:yup: It's not his shooting I'm wondering about but his judgement.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
A while back there was a video circulating with a BG being shot from a helicopter. There were the same criticisms tossed around but the end result was the BG stopped doing what he was doing!

This BG had already shown that he had no regard for human life. I hope the officer can hear me say "Good Job!" DR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts