Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Bud - just downloading the large trailer - I am not a Doom afficionado at all but love good graphics.

So - let's see what we have - hmmm - nice FX and oh - we have ''The Rock'' again eh!

As for the ''guns'' well - looks like some good ''inventive'' work gone in :smile:

·
Registered
304 Posts
The movie doesn't follow the game at all really. The movie is based on a moon, where the game is on Mars. I'm a HUGE HUGE video game fan, but I hate when they do the whole video game-to-movie and movie-to-video game thing.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Justin,

I don't have a problem with it as long as they do a good job. The problem is, very seldom does that happen.

Resident Evil 1 and 2 were both very entertaining and fun movies, at least from my POV, but they weren't Resident Evil. Neither of them grasped the feeling that the game gave you as you played.

Some of the StarWars take offs are actually pretty decent to play, but for the most part, you're definately correct. :)

--Jim

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I saw the trailer for Doom last night when I saw Serenity (a very good movie , by the way, definately has my recomendation) and I thought that while Doom looks like it might be a half decent action movie it's not really the game. Yes, I will probably go see it with some of the guys, but I doubt I'm going to be recommending it to anyone and I doubt it will make it into my home collection.

A1C Lickey

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the orginal Doom took place on 2 moons of Mars phobes and soemthing else then doom 3 is on mars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts