Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone out there carries two pistols at a time AIWB?

My AIWB experience is very limited because my CC pistol has a much lighter trigger than I'm comfortable with carrying in that position (BP9CC). But, a couple weeks back I got a Beretta Pico that I would be very comfortable with in that postion (psychologically, at least). I have an AIWB holster from BORAII arriving likely tomorrow and if that proves comfortable (physically) I may decide to give two pistols a try at AIWB some time in the future.

I know it certainly isn't going to be a popular option but it does seem to have some pros:
- The usual advantages of AIWB still apply like increased draw speed, easier access, often less printing (especially when bending at the waist), generally less chance of someone touching your firearm during physical contact (i.e. hugs), etc.
- Many folks carry a BUG, which is often in a less accessible location like a pocket, ankle, etc. Two AIWBs give you the BUG option but also makes it so each pistol is accessible by either hand since they're both front and center.
- Gives you a quick "New York reload" as opposed to simply quick access to a spare magazine.

Associated cons:
- Now you have two firearms pointed at your...ahem...vital area. Not to mention femoral arteries.
- Seems like this could get fairly bulky up front so may negate any advantage in printing or simply comfort. May limit the size of the pistols you could carry in this manner.

Thoughts? Experiences? Biting criticism? :wink:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
If you can handle the sitting, go for it!

Appendix carry requires the correct holster with the correct firearm. If either is off, it will not be comfortable.

I am a lefty and love "left side" appendix carry, if that is what it is even called because anyone that passed basic Biology knows we only have an appendix on our right side.

I have found that I can carry my Taurus PT145 quite comfortably in a Desantis holster that is tuckable although I rarely tuck. I carry it this way while riding my motorcycle all day long with no issues.

I also have carried my SAR B6c (CZ75B Compact Clone) in that manner but have not found the perfect holster for doing so. The one I have, while comfortable enough, allows the mag release to be hit by my belt when I sit. This could be remedied by moving the mag release to the right side of the firearm but I prefer not to do so as I am used to them always being on the left side.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Where would the extra mags be carried ? Makes more sense to carry extra mags for the pico on the weak side when I think about your idea.
Maybe a backup pico in the small of your back ?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like a stomach ache to me. But hey, if you can make it work, you won't be short on firepower. Lol.

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk
Yeah, the bulk is the one thing I think would potentially keep this from working. And, for it to have any chance of working I wonder if I would need to downsize pistols so much that I am in fact short on firepower relatively speaking. :blink:

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
To do this, you would probably need a belt with a very small "buckle", or a "D" ring like the Graith belt has. With the buckle on my Nexbelt shifted to the left side of my torso, so it is not over the holster, there really isn't sufficient room for another holster with soft loops on the left side of my front torso, like I prefer to carry.

Buckle.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where would the extra mags be carried ? Makes more sense to carry extra mags for the pico on the weak side when I think about your idea.
I guess I was thinking the extra pistol is the extra mag. But, yeah, if this method of carry worked I personally would try to find a weak side spot to carry another mag or two.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To do this, you would probably need a belt with a very small "buckle", or a "D" ring like the Graith belt has. With the buckle on my Nexbelt shifted to the left side of my torso, so it is not over the holster, there really isn't sufficient room for another holster with soft loops on the left side of my front torso, like I prefer to carry.

View attachment 315602
Hmm. Yeah, I didn't even think about the buckle. I currently carry around 2:30. Perhaps if I could push each pistol out further away from the buckle (2:00 and 10:00?) But, then I'm maybe starting to loose the advantage of having both pistols accessible by either hand. This is starting to sound like a solution in search of a problem. lol

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I carry my extra mag or mags in the pockets on the opposite side of my firearm.

With jeans, I carry one extra mag in the right side front pocket.

With cargo pants or cargo shorts, I carry one or two mags in the right side leg pocket. I am looking at a double mag holder on Amazon that would slide in those cargo pant side pockets with ease and allow for two mags to be carried without the flopping around.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best place for a BUG is your off side pocket. Gives you access with your non dominant hand and allows you to have your hand proactively on the gun without escalating the situation.
I see the advantage if a situation actually turns deadly, but the fact that you haven't drawn would indicate that things haven't escalated quite that far yet. In that case, isn't it arguably a greater advantage to have both hands available for defense? I guess I'm just thinking that that are too many scenarios and variables to say where the "best" place for a BUG is.

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Now you have two chances to shoot your johnson off, in case you miss with the first one.
All kidding aside, If you can make it work and you feel comfortable doing it, I say go for it.
I carry two pistols daily, one at about 3-4 oclock on my right hip. And one on my right ankle.
Just do what works for you

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wondering if anyone out there carries two pistols at a time AIWB?
No, and I wonder why anyone would want to unless they live in a really bad part of town or wander the streets late at night when all the dregs of the planet are out like zombies and vampires looking for a crime to commit.

I guess being a masochist for discomfort and pain could be another reason. Seriously, my imagination, fears, and paranoia don't run that deep to even consider it and I hope they never do. If it gets to that point, I might feel under gunned and want even more. One good one is enough. But that's just me. :comeandgetsome:

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
With my quiet boring civilian small village life I don't ever think of carrying 2 pistols, and seriously doubt I'll ever need the one. If you want or need to carry 2, go for it. I can't see for the life of me how carrying 2 AIWB would be remotely comfortable, though.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
With my quiet boring civilian small village life I don't ever think of carrying 2 pistols, and seriously doubt I'll ever need the one. If you want or need to carry 2, go for it. I can't see for the life of me how carrying 2 AIWB would be remotely comfortable, though.
DE4E90C9-B18B-4CE1-B732-129FDC601986.jpeg

1 - 20 of 83 Posts