Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll have some extra syrup & a bit more butter for that double pancake...holster that is.
You will need TWO MORE 1911s and another "Double Pancake" holster...over on the other side...just to walk in a straight line. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Exact One Is Made By

RANKIN SADDLERY ~ First I Heard of him.
Seems like real nice very high quality leather work though.
Here is the link:
CLICK HERE FOR RANKIN SADDLERY

REAL NICE Custom Knife Sheaths Too!

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or how 'bout Duo Matching Colt Combat Commanders on the strong side and 10 extra mags over on the other side of the belt just to "balance" things out?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hope you don't mind a dumb question! I've never owned a pancake holster before, but does the belt go through behind the handgun, or over the top of it?

Seems like over the top of it would hold it in closer to your body, but might get a bit uncomfortable.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MoMike

Yep...belt behind.
Though I sure have seen people wear "pancake" single firearm holsters worn with the belt over the firearm.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I've seen something similar for the baby Glocks worn in the small of the back. You could always carry your normal stongside main gun with your mags on the offside and your BUGs SOB. :)

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bud

Yep...that's one problem with wearing the belt over and another is that if you pull the belt tight enough to make any difference at all then reholstering is a problem too.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Pretty???Yes, Useful?? Hardly!!

Look carefully at the holster, and imagine trying to get a fighting grip on the gun.

A properly made holster gives room between the top of the holster at the trigger guard, so that second finger does not contact the holster.

It would take just about 5 minutes of dry fire to add the above holster to my 'holster graveyard'.

PS, have carried 3 guns for more than 20 years, and from my fifty+ years of carry, tend to believe the above holster is meant as a joke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts