Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
QKShooter said:
or...how about a 33 round mag for your Glock 18 ? Yes, really! :wink:
I've got one of those for my Glock 19....like an all day sucker :biggrin:

I understand Double Tap will be bringing out some 9mm ammo later this summer, looking forward to trying some out.

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kc135

"At DoubleTap Ammunition quality is the top priority. First, only the best components are used.
Being frugal is nice, but when your life is on the line or the buck of a lifetime is in your sights,
the best is the only thing you will accept.
Each cartridge goes through seven fail-safe checks to ensure uniformity and quality.
In addition, each individual cartridge is inspected by hand, providing one last chance to weed out any flaws."

That's pretty good quality control if it's true. :wink:

·
Registered
742 Posts
If

QKShooter said:
"At DoubleTap Ammunition quality is the top priority. First, only the best components are used.
Being frugal is nice, but when your life is on the line or the buck of a lifetime is in your sights,
the best is the only thing you will accept.
Each cartridge goes through seven fail-safe checks to ensure uniformity and quality.
In addition, each individual cartridge is inspected by hand, providing one last chance to weed out any flaws."

That's pretty good quality control if it's true. :wink:
Yep....big IF.

Would rather see an independent test.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is a video clip floating around the internet of a Glock 18 burning through one of those in about 1.5 seconds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like there 45ACP Gold Dot is about 200fps faster than speers. I might order some and see how it shoots...

·
Registered
370 Posts
FWIW, Double Tap is the only ammo I'll run in my 10mm. The quality, in my experience, is superb, and the prices are very reasonable (especially considering this is custom-made full-power 10mm ammo).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Erich said:
FWIW, Double Tap is the only ammo I'll run in my 10mm. The quality, in my experience, is superb, and the prices are very reasonable (especially considering this is custom-made full-power 10mm ammo).

+1 +1

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Well, at $7.96/500 or $9/20, I'd be happy to give it a try in .357SIG. Anybody know what their S&H charges are like. They don't say on their website.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Email or call Mike McNett - it'll vary from locale to locale.

I consider myself very fortunate in that a local gun store sells DT at the web retail prices.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I have 2 of those 33 rounders for my G-17 what fun think i got a pic with brass hanging in the air as i was cranking them off somewhere

·
Registered
726 Posts
.40 S&W

I just received a shipment of 155 gr Gold Dot JHP in .40 S&W from Double Tap. The ballistics are impressive at 1275 FPS and 560 Ft-Lbs from a Glock 23, which is what I carry. I bought 4 boxes of 50 to try out and the shipping from Utah to Largo, Fl was $11.73. Shipment was prompt. The ammo looks great. New, shiny and ready to rock and roll. (I know, looks don't count.) I'll be trying it out shortly, but I don't anticipate any problems, since I've shot Gold Dots before. I'll post after I actually try it out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Georgia Arms sells 155 gr GDs at 1300 MV and it's cheaper. Recoil is fierce in my Glock 23. I think I'll stick with 180 gr. But I don't belong to the velocity is everything school of thought.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Once I get my new 10mm, I'll be buying Double Tap. I'm glad DT stepped up and brought back the REAL 10mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts