Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooters:

I am interested in two ammos for home protection: (1) DoubleTap & (2) Buffalo Bore ammo! I am looking for your thoughts on what ammo is more consistant in its stated test results as far as both velocity & expansion?
And out of these two ammos what ammo do you prefer & why?

P.S. This ammo will be shot out of a semi-auto handgun!

·
Registered
500 Posts
I like Double Tap in 45ACP, and Buffalo Bore in 38 Special +P. Both use the Gold Dot bullet (look for Bonded Defense, or the like in the description), so I just look for the higher velocity, and click on BUY. The controlled Expansion JHPs are XTPs, as I recall.

I've ordered a couple of times from both. Both did OK getting me my ammo. I also recently bought some 357 bullets (200gr hardcast) from Double Tap, and have just started to load them.

I do not have a Chrony, but recoil is consistent with a notable increase in POP. I have no doubt that it's legit.

Accuracy seemed as good as anything else I was shooting.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I recently switched to HSTs from Hydro Shoks. Read a good review that convince me that these were right for my needs.

·
Registered
749 Posts
If you look at apples to apples specs between these two, it seems DoubleTap provides better performance at a lower price.

All reviews I've seen suggest both are high quality products.

Personally, I carry DoubleTap 124gr 9mm +P. This round uses the Gold Dot bullet.

Also, if you do a search here, you'll find some reviews.

-john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts