Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now down to just one carry gun.
Kinda funny as my screen name is Two Guns.
But I had to do what I had to do for the family.
I can always get some other guns when money is better for us.
But know how there are always those questions on here like…..
If you can only have one carry gun what would it be?
Well I ended up just with my Gen4 Glock 27.
I also have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it and two G26 magazines.
I still feel like I am well protected but can't wait until I can get another BUG.
I am still thankful that I can carry at least one good carry gun.
Plus I shoot it very well.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
It doesn't sound like you're under-gunned by any means. Sorry to hear things are tight for you, same for me over here as well.

If you had to narrow it down to one, it sounds like you have a good one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I see well that's good you had to do what you had to do to take care of you're Family, as long as you're a proficient with you're current firearm you shouldn't have a problem, be grateful that you have that. :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i only have one carry gun, not because of finances. i could have two if i wanted but i like consistency, i carry the same bullets in the same gun in the same holster in the same position always. i have changed carry guns a few times over the years but i dont switch back and forth from different carry hardware. i pick one set up and stick with it.

i carry 25 rounds of .40 S&W 165 grain gold dot with my Hk P2000 in a highnoon holsters slide guard at 5 o clock, spare mag at 8 o clock. along with mace and light. no room for any more then that, nor do i feel the need for more firepower.

i dont carry a bug and i dont feel under armed. you`ll be fine.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Registered
858 Posts
Promise not to pick on you for your username!

One gun is sufficient. The Gen3 G27 was my only gun for a long while.
When spending time on internet forums, we all want guns guns guns........but in your personal life, it is good that you are thinking of your family.
Carry the G27 with confidence, and practice when you can (ammo cost alone makes that tough at times).

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very admirable. Times are tough for lots of people but those who are willing make the hard decisions and sacrifice like you did eventually come out on top. One of these days you'll be having to change your name to Ten Guns. Until then, hang in there and enjoy that Glock. There are lots of people who wish they had one.

Reactions: kahrcarrier

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I am now down to just one carry gun.
Kinda funny as my screen name is Two Guns.
But I had to do what I had to do for the family.
I can always get some other guns when money is better for us.
But know how there are always those questions on here like…..
If you can only have one carry gun what would it be?
Well I ended up just with my Gen4 Glock 27.
I also have a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for it and two G26 magazines.
I still feel like I am well protected but can't wait until I can get another BUG.
I am still thankful that I can carry at least one good carry gun.
Plus I shoot it very well.
Well done.

Fitch

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I came to the same conclusion for different reasons and wound up with a Gen 4 Model 26 as my only gun. I even sold my rifles and shotguns when I got out of hunting, so some of that money went for ammo last fall (before the craziness hit). I messed up the equation a bit this summer because I ran into a great deal on a Kahr CM9 on a shotgun trade, but that gun will likely serve as a car gun with an ankle holster or shoulder holster as alternative carry methods currently not employed by me.

I also shoot the G26 very well; in fact, I made Expert in SSP with this gun and that was after being stuck as a Sharpshooter for nearly five years in IDPA when I was shooting .40 caliber Glocks.

Good luck and don't ever feel like you HAVE to buy more guns. I am convinced that placement is key to survival in the unlikely event we'll ever have to use a firearm in self defense and if you have confidence in your accuracy then you're more likely to prevail and live on to fight another day.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey brother, its takes a big guy to step up and sell his prized possessions for the family good. That's a vey unselfish act. I was there too, so I can relate. Hopefully, your finances will change and you will be able reacquire what you sold, or better, and get back to "two gun" status soon. But...you made a wise choice in keeping the G27. Its a fine all around carry and HD weapon. Good luck with your situation.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Family comes first. And, if you ever want to reminisce stand sideways by the mirror. Voilà - two guns again! :smile:

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
If you can only have one gun it should be solid and reliable. You made a wise choice.

·
Registered
10,312 Posts
You gotta do what you gotta do. Well done.

Look at it this way: if you were a mugger or burglar, would you choose to target someone if you knew he "only" had one Glock?

·
Administrator
144,232 Posts
In a lifetime the majority of us will have lean years and fat years and better and worse years.

Wishing you better and fatter years.

In the meanwhile you are good to go with what you have.

Some day I will look forward to changing your forum name to TEN GUNS :yup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts